Jul 13, 2003

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
How did he get on last night (Max, not Papa John)? Anyone know?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
How did he get on last night (Max, not Papa John)? Anyone know?

A few comments from their forum about Max "Dale Stephens" Sanders on a thread asking for the MOTM:-

Gone for Sanders who looked very tidy and progressive in his 60 minutes. Always available for a pass and put himself about. Looks an asset once he's up to 90 minute fitness. Impressive start

.. and Sanders looked highly promising in his hour and will hopefully be an important player over the rest of the season.

.but im slightly surprised the rave reviews Sanders has got.. he did okay for a first outing but i thought he didnt look especially fit and only attempted simple side ways passes the few times he got on the ball.

And from their player ratings:-

Sanders 7 Very decent first appearance. Looked at home in the team and was always available for a pass and was looking to make forward passes most of the time. Impressed

Sanders 6 Thought he was a little negative and unsure first half, but was excellent second half, and I was surprised he was taken off.

Sanders 6.5 - did ok

Sanders - 7 - impressive first showing - a couple of missed passes outweighed by the good; hard working, strong tackling, worked well and seemed comfortable in a midfield 3 which cleverly rotated holding/advancing roles.

Sanders 5.5 Understandably cautious on his debut. Reluctant to pass more than 4 feet and I felt he slowed our movement down too much. Will improve.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He’s got the same haircut I and most of my year at school had in 1995!

Ditto I and most of my school in 1963. What goes around, comes around and around ???

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Sanders is on the bench for Lincoln for their play-off semi-final first leg at home to Sunderland this evening. Currently 0-0, just after half-time.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Lincoln with slight advantage going into the second leg then. Doesn't seem to be working out that well for young Max though - are Lincoln likely to be having a clear out/shake up in the summer, leaving him with more opportunities, does anyone know?

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Sanders was an unused sub on Saturday, but started for Lincoln tonight in their Carabao Cup tie at Shrewsbury. They led 2-0 but the Shrews pulled it back to 2-2.

Sanders scored his spot-kick in the shoot-out but the Imps lost 4-2 on pens.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sanders was an unused sub on Saturday, but started for Lincoln tonight in their Carabao Cup tie at Shrewsbury. They led 2-0 but the Shrews pulled it back to 2-2.

Sanders scored his spot-kick in the shoot-out but the Imps lost 4-2 on pens.
He's finding it hard work since he left us, I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here