Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maupay's non-red card

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
All for Maupay antics yesterday, glad to see someone with a bit of fight and fire in their belly.

Although taking the piss out of Grealish hair was a bit uncalled for. Especially given the Bong / stinky breath thing

Did you think the same about Andone's red card ? Afraid to say Mauypay is of the same mould, complex about being short and not winning any of the balls that we keep pumping up to him !

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Did you think the same about Andone's red card ? Afraid to say Mauypay is of the same mould, complex about being short and not winning any of the balls that we keep pumping up to him !

How is Maupay being a wind up merchant anything like being sent off for flying in late to a leg breaker challenge ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
did you not see his tantrum at the end ? Lucky not to have got a second yellow . Andone didn't break a leg, by the way !

Yes it was right in front of me, and a bit of handbags.

Nothing like Andone dangerous challenge.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Quite suprised Maupay didn't see a retrospective red at the end of the game. He was niggly throughout yesterday

That makes it sound like he was the instigator. He was being wound up by his ex Brentford teammate, and reacted. He got a yellow card.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
did you not see his tantrum at the end ? Lucky not to have got a second yellow . Andone didn't break a leg, by the way !

Maybe Andone didn't break a leg, but it was an appalling challenge, quite possibly totally unprovoked, and he could well have done more damage. TOTALLY different to anything Maupay did yesterday

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Although taking the piss out of Grealish's hair was a bit uncalled for.

Made me chuckle before thinking "oh that's a bit Sunday league" before thinking "they must've been winding him up all game" before thinking "I hope he doesn't do anything stupid". A retro yellow is fine with me, but do hope he doesn't lose his niggly antics, as it does work in our favour if players fall for it.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Made me chuckle before thinking "oh that's a bit Sunday league" before thinking "they must've been winding him up all game" before thinking "I hope he doesn't do anything stupid". A retro yellow is fine with me, but do hope he doesn't lose his niggly antics, as it does work in our favour if players fall for it.

Fortunately he can't get a retro yellow and considering he was booked in the game it would have been a red

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
It needs the Duffy Dunk partnership to put a bit of steel into the team

I've been thinking the same thing for a while, we look like startled deer in some games and wouldn't say boo to a goose.

I don't believe it's a legacy of the Hughton era but I do think Potter has had a word with our players about NOT approaching & moaning to the ref's & lino's. If this is the case then I am not in agreement, I think it makes us look weak and an easy target for refs who are weak themselves. In this context I think we make it easier for the ref to give us the yellow cards & maybe the odd red card more often than to players of a team (or manager) who'll moan and whinge during a game.

I'm not advocating our players being an arse to any ref for petty things, but where it's warranted it needs to be pointed out by our players. It also shows to every upended or offended player that the team are backing him up, it's part of being a team player.

We need to grow some, Potter included who sometimes appears pretty meh on the touchline and in interviews, it's a tough game and we're in dire straights, time to toughen up and be a TEAM.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
He was targeted by the Villa players and his gallic red mist came out. He has to learn from this, he cut a very frustrated figure this afternoon.

The ref did not control Villa’s thuggery and therefore they ramped it up. I suggest there may have been some pisstaking after his miss in the last minute and he snapped. Not condoning it but the ref takes responsibility for losing control of the match imo.

Targett was guilty of 2 challenges that could easily have seen him booked .......the ref was ......mystifying as far as i am concerned.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here