Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maty Ryan joins Arsenal

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Good luck to him, good keeper but to the gooners in our office i will be telling them that Arsenals best player is a Brighton reserve keeper.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
It would be a good move for us to get a decent price for him in the summer! Not that he's a bad keeper, but he's surplus to requirements here.

His time is up with us, yes.
And maybe not a great keeper.
But he did well for us.
He deserves more love on NSC than he sometimes p gets

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Pleased he got a game today and did well. Always tried for us and a great team player. Loved the way he joined goal celebrations, Man Utd at the Amex twice I think.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Pleased he got a game today and did well. Always tried for us and a great team player. Loved the way he joined goal celebrations, Man Utd at the Amex twice I think.

Totally agree - and he was so often the last one off the pitch at the Amex after spending time with the fans.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
It was time for him to move on and dare I say upward. Needed a new challenge and can see him keeping the gloves. Well done Matty.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Pleased for him that he did OK today - plus one ironic bit of luck. One dive to his left to push away a ball going across him, almost identical to Sanchez' push out that went straight to the Burnley player who scored - Maty's push went just behind the onrushing attacker.

Small margins!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Good player cam style video posted by Arsenal of Maty’s debut for them. I expected him to be angrier at the goal but shows how vocal he is, even barking out basic instructions in Portuguese to Gabriel and Cedric. As a keeper in my younger days I found it quiet interesting.

[tweet]1358840571788484610[/tweet]

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Good player cam style video posted by Arsenal of Maty’s debut for them. I expected him to be angrier at the goal but shows how vocal he is, even barking out basic instructions in Portuguese to Gabriel and Cedric. As a keeper in my younger days I found it quiet interesting.

Asking to sign in with that link. Found it on YouTube.......... :thumbsup:
https://youtu.be/BtLV_GYhfdY

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Interesting.

Btw, all the instructions he’s barking to (Portuguese speaking) Gabriel and Cedric, are actually in SPANISH

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Interesting.

Btw, all the instructions he’s barking to (Portuguese speaking) Gabriel and Cedric, are actually in SPANISH

Have you learnt nothing from our Aussie posters? All the same foreign lingo, innit?

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Interesting.

Most Portuguese people can understand if something is said to them in Spanish (apparently it doesn't work as well the other way).

Ryan didn't have much to do - wasn't at fault for the goal and dealt with everything else competently.

Last edited:

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
One thing I love about no crowds and swapping the stadium audio is hearing the commanding players and coaches constantly barking orders. These touchline and player cams are awesome.
A lot of American sports have ‘mic’ed up’ features. Gives a great insight into players mentality

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Interesting but wouldn't it make more sense for all communication to be in a standard language (probably English) so everyone in the team understands and not just the person the comment is directed to?

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Interesting but wouldn't it make more sense for all communication to be in a standard language (probably English) so everyone in the team understands and not just the person the comment is directed to?

Yeah absolutely, but it certainly helps. As a keeper who's played (and playing) at a pretty decent level, i've played with players of different nationalities where i can speak their languages (French, Spanish & Romanian). Its more to help them with concentration, when i played behind those players i obviously spoke English but when we were under pressure i'd switch into their language to help them. They could all speak English to a degree, but when they hear instructions in their native tongue to helps a lot more. It stands out more so they're more likely to listen to you, which as a goalkeeper is pivotal. I was on the flip side to this playing in Portugal, where i could understand the instructions but when they spoke in English it relaxed me and made it a lot easier

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here