Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maty Ryan joins Arsenal

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I know exactly how the Club operates in terms of Data Science. If you are going to base your argument on that then there would be a lot more of them out the door.

Mat hasn't exactly been great but one of the most consistent players in the PL Era has consistently one of the worst stats at the Club. Always has done for years now.

Players don't get kicked out the Club solely due to their Stats. They just don't.

Look. You may be right, but I just think it’s over complicating the situation. Heard of Occam’s razor? This is a classic example. What’s the most obvious reason here? Our goalkeeper was dropped for not performing well enough? or there was some huge bust up behind the scenes and Matty had to be kicked out?

“Players don’t get kicked out of a club due to stats”

If you’re a goalkeeper conceding a goal for every half decent effort on goal. In the elite league? That is not sustainable. It’s not like a “passes completed” type stat. It’s a core problem. Arguably the most important stat in football (conceding goals).

And once you put faith in Sanchez, you can’t have a passed off Matty Ryan as number 2 in all the match day squads, rooming, what have you. It’s just not good for morale. Hence happy to ship him out.

This seems the most obvious scenario to me. I don’t imagine Matty being the type to start fights or anything.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think its very logical, he was bad and lost his place and wanted to leave and now he is gone. No "compelling evidence" for anything else.

And at the end of the day does it really matter what did or didn't happen? the facts are that he has left for Arsenal, albeit on loan, and it's time to move on. Thank you for your service, and goodbye.

End of story.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
It is a shame. I have been looking up his stats. They were excellent in his first two seasons and thoroughly decent last year. This year for about a dozen games they have not been good. In those dozen games he was not alone in not performing to previous years' performances. Players actually dropped for personal issues does not suggest a happy ship.

There has been a lot of revisionism in this thread about how Ryan was bad the whole time, bad during last season etc. but as you say, it's only this season that his stats are poor.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Look. You may be right, but I just think it’s over complicating the situation. Heard of Occam’s razor? This is a classic example. What’s the most obvious reason here? Our goalkeeper was dropped for not performing well enough? or there was some huge bust up behind the scenes and Matty had to be kicked out?

“Players don’t get kicked out of a club due to stats”

If you’re a goalkeeper conceding a goal for every half decent effort on goal. In the elite league? That is not sustainable. It’s not like a “passes completed” type stat. It’s a core problem. Arguably the most important stat in football (conceding goals).

And once you put faith in Sanchez, you can’t have a passed off Matty Ryan as number 2 in all the match day squads, rooming, what have you. It’s just not good for morale. Hence happy to ship him out.

This seems the most obvious scenario to me. I don’t imagine Matty being the type to start fights or anything.

I am not gonna go over it all again and again.

I gave you a hint an earlier post about what Mat' s take in things are .

He has decided to close ranks at not tell people he knows about it yet. At some point he no doubt will. So I am exiting the discussion on it for now.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Maty Ryan not even on the bench at Arsenal? Good we’ve shifted the wages but [emoji2375]

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Penny just dropped on AFTV. "He's not big is he, Ryano?"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Another deflected goal for Maty :down:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It was a bit of his signature move: cant blame him, but can also see a world where someone somehow prevents that goal.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
“Ryan easily our best player today “ Robbie, AFTV

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here