Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matthew Tubbs

magicman555

Aug 27, 2008
Heres another one for you all to talk about.

Just got home from work and recieved a phone call from my dad (Crawley Town fan) whos in the know at the club.

Brighton are looking to buy Matthew Tubbs

make of it what you will........

BHAFC
WEST UPPER

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Seems unlikely. Bit of a gamble on a player that has played no hire that the conference. They would want a decent amount as well I should imagine. Still you never know.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
they call me Mr Tubbs!!!!

poitier02.jpg

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I have seen Matt Tubbs play a lot over the last year and he is one to watch, I done a thread about him before and I really rate him, he would be horrible to mark, he is all over the shop, has great vision and most importantly knows where the back of the net is, but he is also an intelligent player, brings others into the game and works very hard for the team. I would welcome him at Brighton certainly as a squad player, someone to come off the bench, he really can be that good on his day.

magicman555

Aug 27, 2008
I dont post on here often mate. To be honest this site drives me mad sometimes. But theres nothing like a decent bit of info (not very often on here) so when my dad phoned me.....thought id share.

UP THE ALBION

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
why not I say, the more the merrier :cheers:

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
Have also seen him play a lot and definitely not up to Championship standard, probably not League 1 either. He is fine when up against northern clogger defenders who are 3 stone overweight.

People forget he has played in League 2 before, for Bournemouth, and failed.

Happy to be proved wrong, but would steer clear personally. Its all just hype surrounding him

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
As long as he's not out bit striker signing then OK but can't see it happening as they have no reason to sell. I wouldn't be suprised if we had made an inquiry though.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I read some time ago that we were supposed to be interested in signing Sergio Torres from Crawley or at least were during the January window. Matt Tubbs could fill the void made by Holroyd going but not sure he would be a first team regular in The Championship.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Morrison came from non league,as did Mackail Smith,give him a go i say.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Tubbs reminds me of the type of striker like Charlie Austin, I think he'd be decent but who knows :)

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Could be worth a small punt. Sign him up with various add-ons for Crawley, appearences, etc., and see how it goes.

A 20-goal a season striker, O.K. different league, could be useful off the bench. :thumbsup:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not unless he was very cheap, which I can't see being the case. Certainly not worth spanking loads on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here