Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matter of concern about the new away fans area at The Amex

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Hopefully the Club is aware and acting on this matter but I note with some concern reports posted by a Barnsley fan on NSC and on the Football Ground Guide website stating that while in the away fans area they were spat on from above, implying this came from the East Stand Upper. It is claimed this was reported to stewards but the fans perception is that nothing was done about it. If the report is correct this is most unpleasant and I hope the Club will ensure that stewards in the ESU clamp down on this.

Unfortunately Albion fans have some bad experiences at away grounds where rival fans sit above/below each other. It does not reflect well on the generally positive feedback that most away fans are posting about The Amex.

I recognise it is possible for mischievous claims of this nature to be made especially on a day with exceptional rainfall and reports of a leaky roof at The Amex. Either way it does not reflect well especially when posted on a national website.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
We did have a report of this from an away fan, and investigated their complaint. However CCTV footage does not show anything to suggest such an incident and stewards did not report anything of this nature. However, we will be closely monitoring this from now on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here