Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matt Ryan - SIGNED FOR CLUB RECORD TRANSFER FEE

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
You can be expecting a call from the Queen any minute now to congratulate you on your achievement....

I won't hold my breath. I changed the number cos she kept on calling.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Is it assumed that David Stockdale will not sign for us now?
Or is there any thoughts that we could have both Maty Ryan and DS in our squad if DS accepted our contract offer?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Or is there any thoughts that we could have both Maty Ryan and DS in our squad if DS accepted our contract offer?

I reckon the club have got fed up with DS not signing, and gone out and found a replacement, and his contract offer will be withdrawn.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

The club have stated that they are looking for three senior keepers for the first team squad. In an ideal world they will be Stockdale, Maenpaa, and Ryan.

Maty Ryan certainly isn't coming to the club to play in the Development Squad.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
As Ryan would be the starter, I expect if DS' contract is still 'on the table' it will have been halved if he just became a back-up or else was only back-up wages anyway as this was already the plan

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I reckon DS is waiting to know who the new Leeds boss will be before deciding where he's going.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
a few bad results may knock keeper confidence next season - plus far more likely to rotate and drop keepers next season

this is why we want three senior keepers

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Also if he was first choice, there would be the issue of cover when away on international duty.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Also if he was first choice, there would be the issue of cover when away on international duty.

Majority of the Asian qualifiers also coincide with the European ones. Example is England playing on the 1st and 4th of September, whereas Australia have matches on 31st August and 5th Sept. Only real difficulty is the added travelling back time and possibly the time difference that may have an effect on a players performance.

The 2019 Asian Cup is scheduled to take place from 5th January though to 1st February, so if Ryan was involved in that he'll also probably miss the Christmas fixtures of the 18/19 season also.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here