Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mathew Briggs

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Briggs isn't the type of player I'd look at, I would want an experienced pro who has been playing left back for a decade. He has potential, but doesn't everyone.

McEachran would be the type we need, but again I would prefer a more established player. Or Jacob Mellis from Barnsley. QUALITY.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
McEachran has had his wages suitably increased about a week ago. Now on 30 grand a week. He is currently on tour with the Chelsea team in Indonesia. Obviously Chelsea think he has a future. A loan would be good imo.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Briggs isn't the type of player I'd look at, I would want an experienced pro who has been playing left back for a decade. He has potential, but doesn't everyone.

McEachran would be the type we need, but again I would prefer a more established player. Or Jacob Mellis from Barnsley. QUALITY.

playing left back for a decade ? you sure ? We have Calde 30 + Greer 30 + Upson 30 +

I think we need a pacey youngster to be honest . . . . . maybe chicksen is it.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
playing left back for a decade ? you sure ? We have Calde 30 + Greer 30 + Upson 30 +

I think we need a pacey youngster to be honest . . . . . maybe chicksen is it.

Agreed... Plus, we're experts at bringing players in on loan, getting them adjusted to us and then signing them permanently. Definitely wouldn't turn down Briggs on a permanent...

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
@TransferTweeter: #FulhamFc defender Matt Briggs is in talks with Brighton over a season-long loan #FFC #BHAFC

Discuss

Also @TransferTweeter: Brighton are interested in loaning Chelsea's young midfielder Josh McEachran #BHAFC #CFC

Discuss further

If we are looking at defenders, we should give Mcfadzean from Crawley a go. Very impressed with him last night.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Looks a bit past it to me, but in Oscar we trust

soaps_corrie_johnny_briggs.jpg

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Feel free to draw up a list of apropriate, available players that match those requirements then...considering we didn't want Shorey an don't have Bridge anymore.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
What I've seen of Briggs has been ok. Seems to be quite an attack-minded defender. Was on the verging of making the Fulham team until Risse was brought in. Think Briggs would fit right into our system.

McEachran is so overrated. Just because he's English and played for Chelsea, everybody seems to think he's going to be the next Jack Wilshire. Did'nt McEachran get dropped from the Middlesborough midfield last season?

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
What I've seen of Briggs has been ok. Seems to be quite an attack-minded defender. Was on the verging of making the Fulham team until Risse was brought in. Think Briggs would fit right into our system.

McEachran is so overrated. Just because he's English and played for Chelsea, everybody seems to think he's going to be the next Jack Wilshire. Did'nt McEachran get dropped from the Middlesborough midfield last season?

And was pants vs us for Sheffield Wednesday when we thrashed them?

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
These twitter rumours are no different to that transfer rumours website. Load of rubbish if you ask me.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Seems a waste of our time, we already have 2 inexperienced young left backs who both look capable of doing a job. The only left back we should be looking at must have a huge amount of experience at championship level or higher otherwise we should stick with what we've got

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Seems a waste of our time, we already have 2 inexperienced young left backs who both look capable of doing a job.

Do we? Who are they?

Chicken seems promising. Please don't say Maximenko. Dreadful at left back in the Whitehawk game. Not 'having on off day' dreadful. 'Utterly incapable of controlling a football' dreadful.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Briggs, by all accounts was a waste of space for Watford so if we're targeting promotion I'd hope we'd be aiming higher. Anyway, as others have said twitter rumours are 99% bullshit.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Do we? Who are they?

Chicken seems promising. Please don't say Maximenko. Dreadful at left back in the Whitehawk game. Not 'having on off day' dreadful. 'Utterly incapable of controlling a football' dreadful.

One for the future then :thumbsup:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Mellis has a history of off field problems but is good! Barkley is immense on his day!

As for Briggs he's quite attack minded as a left back and I think he'd suit us plus provide some much needed height as we do have a Barca sized team. Probably won't be any more than a lower Prem sub but that's a very good Champ player and very realistic. He's more experienced than most loanees I believe?

McEachran has apparently played well for various England age groups but yes was very poor for Middlesbourgh. Highly rated but not sure if he actually got a run in the side to establish himself? Or at least have the CHANCE to?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here