Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Match Thread: Brighton & Hove Albion vs Wannabe Brighton & Hove Albion

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I very much enjoyed the celebration of the guy in the white shirt after Pedro scored the penalty. He's giving it full beans celebrating a goal to make it 4-2 with 10 minutes left in a pre season friendly. That is commitment to enjoying the day!

Anyone know who he is? Is he an nsc-er?

If I'v done this right the video should start playing at the time of Pedro's penalty. If it doesn't skip to 9:04.

Edit: I haven't done it right. Skip to 9:04 to see how all our goals should be celebrated.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Weird. The Sky match updates now say that both Hinshelwood and JPvH were booked for bad fouls in the 56th & 57th minutes. However, this has been altered from when I took this screenshot, with no mention of Hinshelwood and giving JPvH the yellow.

View attachment 163944

The JPvH yellow has now been moved to 57 minutes. Curious as he didn't commit a foul then. The only foul was Hinshelwood's.

Says on my ap he was booked at 52

JPH was booked for clashing with the Chelsea player off the ball. I know because we were there 👍
Strangest atmosphere I've known for ages but the Yanks loved it.

When was that?

He certainly didn't look like he complained when he got sent off.

So it appears he lost his temper and had a couple of brain farts?

I was also at the game, and recorded the bookings as a note on my iphone because, well, that's what I do and I wasn't sure whether the media would report them. I was completely unaware of JPvH's first yellow, so I've just replayed the relevant section on Peacock.
The TV coverage shows a caption for van Hecke's first yellow card BEFORE play stops and Hinshelwood gets his caution, so it was for an offence prior to that incident.
Going back to the Nkunku foul which led to the Chelsea player's yellow card in the 52nd minute, about 11 seconds before that he was blatantly pulled to the ground by van Hecke (which may indeed be partly why Nkunku reacted as he did against Gilmour to receive his caution). The TV coverage shows the replay of the Nkunku foul and then cuts back to live action with the ref talking to van Hecke still with his hand in his pocket. I suspect it was at that point that van Hecke was booked, for his foul on Nkunku (the TV coverage cuts to substitutions being made at that point).
I missed the booking live, probably because I was noting Nkunku's yellow, but I suspect we now know when van Hecke's card was shown, and why.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
close, fixed it.

No space for Gross, Gilmour, Lallana or Enciso. The mind boggles. That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see Pedro/Ferguson used in the same space and Gross slot into midfield, EDZ loves him (So do I).
It's that point of the season where we all forget we have Pascal Groß in the squad.

We'll all be posting starting 11s excluding him, until he has 3 goals and 6 assists at the end of September.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
All I've now done is watch the club highlights and read through the NSC thread, so I have no strong views about the performance.
But there certainly seems lots to feel positive about.

Poor RDZ is going to have a nightmare selecting a starting XI.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
He's a teenager.

Absolutely agree, still have lots of hope for Enciso in the future, but play him in the U21s if his decision making isn’t first team ready.

Hopefully De Zerbi will be reiterating the need to raise his head and see who’s free, he was the difference between a draw and defeat today.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Mate, that tackle was extremely poor. That needed a second yellow, or else the game becomes extremely dirty.
Normal protocol for these games is to ask for the player to be subbed rather than send off….

Presumably, applying one-off tournament rules?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
All I've now done is watch the club highlights and read through the NSC thread, so I have no strong views about the performance.
But there certainly seems lots to feel positive about.

Poor RDZ is going to have a nightmare selecting a starting XI.
That seemed to be his biggest concern in his pre-match interview.

I’ve been assuming a starting front four of this for Luton:

Mitoma—————Ferguson—————March
————————-Lallana—————————

But, with Welbeck, Adingra and Undav looking so good, what does RDZ do? As for leaving Pedro out of a starting line-up, RDZ would be leaving himself open to allegations of gross misconduct. No wonder RDZ is saying Sarmiento needs a loan to gain minutes!

The competition for our attacking positions will be profound.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Oh well we can concentrate on the league now we’re out the cup

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
For those with Sky it's being repeated on Sky Premier League now!
Correction it's in an hours time Derh! Keep forgetting I am an hour ahead.

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Pedro and dahoud the main positives . Pedro in particular looks like adds something different to us . Also 11 v 11 we looked dangerous and the better side .

Adingra put a couple of dangerous balls over but I hoped he might get round cucurella more than he did .

Hinsh looked decent

Undav again showed lethal finisher but still lacks a bit when a lot deeper

Alzate and Ayari I didn’t think did themselves massive favours yet

The sending off and stop start nature of the 2nd half killed it really but good to see us fight more in the last 10.

Enciso miles off it but we know what he can do .

Good workout . Rdz will see plenty to work on and

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That seemed to be his biggest concern in his pre-match interview.

I’ve been assuming a starting front four of this for Luton:

Mitoma—————Ferguson—————March
————————-Lallana—————————

But, with Welbeck, Adingra and Undav looking so good, what does RDZ do? As for leaving Pedro out of a starting line-up, RDZ would be leaving himself open to allegations of gross misconduct. No wonder RDZ is saying Sarmiento needs a loan to gain minutes!

The competition for our attacking positions will be profound.
Really going to miss the ‘we need a striker’ threads :laugh:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I really enjoyed that game and from being a bit sleepy before the game I was wide awake and buzzing during it. So much to be excited about. Most competitive friendly I can remember, I think Newcastle is another game that RDZ will very up for given our mauling with a knackered team at St James Park. Brentford we should brush aside with Toney suspended…I hope

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I noticed there was a new tactic being tested yesterday. We pushed one CB up very high into midfield when pressing the ball with a full back tucked in at cb. quite often Webster or JP would be in front of the central midfielders trying to win the ball back. Interesting development!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here