Great work out, lots of positives:

Hinshelwood
Dahoud
Gilmore
Lallana
Adingra
Alzate
JOAO PEDRO

And the fact that we were FAR superior to Chelsea with 11 men and competed with them with 10. They even played Colwill and we didn’t Caicedo!

Sensible Chelsea fans (if they exist) must wonder how we do it. How we’re so vastly superior to them even after their mammoth spending.
Undav was also a positive, some good positions and a good goal. Webster and Van Hecke despite the incorrect red, played well.

MOTM should have been Gallagher who played a full 90 in a problem CM position, good energy, got the goal. Robbie Earle is clueless, indeed not to even mention the first yellow on JPVH that was never, ever shown on their coverage.

The game turned on that incident, it was piss poor from Sky.

No evidence there that Chelsea look like a top 4 side. But they finished their chances well, credit to them.
Yep but think Sky just took the American channel feed, Peacock even tho they seem all Brits on there apart from Howard. A non clueless channel would analyse the sending off red card, here’s the first yellow, here’s the second yellow but it looks amateur hour on there

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Yep but think Sky just took the American channel feed, Peacock even tho they seem all Brits on there apart from Howard. A non clueless channel would analyse the sending off red card, here’s the first yellow, here’s the second yellow but it looks amateur hour on there
I thought I was watching Chelsea TV after hearing Robbie Earle cream himself over everything Chelsea.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Ive just rewound to 57 mins. Sky said Hnshelwood got retrospectively booked and it was Hinshelwood who fouled the Chelsea man.for sure. I can only assume JPVH got booked for dissent as he never fouled anyone. And if it was dissent then the second yellow is bizarre. A total mystery. Looks like mistaken identity.
Weird. The Sky match updates now say that both Hinshelwood and JPvH were booked for bad fouls in the 56th & 57th minutes. However, this has been altered from when I took this screenshot, with no mention of Hinshelwood and giving JPvH the yellow.

1690076659048.png

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The TV coverage is atrocious, saying Chelsea’s tactics got them 4-1 up, it was the card you mugs 🤣
I don’t think we would’ve conceded three goals had Steele stayed on. Verbruggen didn’t have any command of his 6 yard area, at all.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
The JPvH yellow has now been moved to 57 minutes. Curious as he didn't commit a foul then. The only foul was Hinshelwood's.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Only saw the second half but apart from Van Hecke being a silly boy there were lots of individual positives.

Jaoa Pedro looked very good.

Adingra looked lively when he got the opportunity. He probably wasn't expecting to play half an hour at right back.

Undav looks to be carrying on where he left off.

Ayari showed great feet. Is he ready to step up this season?

All the kids put in a decent showing. I hope Samuels gets the opportunity to play a game at left back. It would solve the Estupinian back up issue if he could step up.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Says on my ap he was booked at 52

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-07-23-11-54-38-77_955f68c4df44ad6a86e46b05cf65099a.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-23-11-54-38-77_955f68c4df44ad6a86e46b05cf65099a.jpg
    331 KB · Views: 37

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
4-3 much better than 4-1. Agree with previous comments re new/returning players especially Pedro. Enciso never got going and Verbruggen a bit tentative as might be expected on a debut. But overall a good pre-season run out.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We got a much better look at players levels than we ever would smashing Crawley 5-0 and then sending a B team to Lewes. Can’t wait for the next one.

If anyone watched Arsenal Manure before the big game last night Arsenal looked all over the shop 🤣😀

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Says on my ap he was booked at 52
Sky only mentions the Nkunku booking at 52 for the foul on Gilmour. It's weird, but JP didn't question it so I'm sure he must have already been cautioned. Could anybody who recorded the match confirm what actually happened?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Sky only mentions the Nkunku booking at 52 for the foul on Gilmour. It's weird, but JP didn't question it so I'm sure he must have already been cautioned. Could anybody who recorded the match confirm what actually happened?
I'll see if I can find it on catch up.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
JPH was booked for clashing with the Chelsea player off the ball. I know because we were there 👍
Strangest atmosphere I've known for ages but the Yanks loved it.
When was that?

He certainly didn't look like he complained when he got sent off.

So it appears he lost his temper and had a couple of brain farts?

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
JPH was booked for clashing with the Chelsea player off the ball. I know because we were there 👍
Strangest atmosphere I've known for ages but the Yanks loved it.
He should have been booked for that but wasn't. The only booking at the next stoppage was to Gilmour for a foul.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
His decision making is still poor. It’s stopping a potentially world class player from being anything more than an impact sub.

EDIT: I also feel like he’s not looked after himself in the off season.
He's a teenager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports