Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Match Thread: Brighton & Hove Albion vs Wannabe Brighton & Hove Albion

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Great debuts for Adingra and Pedro. So excited to see how this season goes.

Just need a bit more depth at the back and we'll have a squad to compete on all fronts.

Good work out - pleasing that we reacted in adversity and were far better 11 v 11

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Lots of positives. Dahoud looks quality, Gilmour excellent, Joao Pedro lively, quick and can take penalties, Adringa good, Undav sharp.

We were the better team for probably all bar the 15 mins of that match immediately after the inexplicable sending off.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Far more for us to take out of that game tha Chelsea. If I was poch I would be worried at the quality of passing.

We look sharp, the new players look very good, and I’m incredibly excited about joao Pedro. He looks like scoring or creating a chance every time he touches the ball.

The TV coverage is atrocious, saying Chelsea’s tactics got them 4-1 up, it was the card you mugs 🤣

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Glad we made it respectable in the end. Lots of positives and lots to look forward too. Some serious competition in the squad though definitely need more defensive cover. Feels like we’ve got plenty up top, when have we ever been able to say that going into a season before?

theboybilly

And how the pundit narrative is skewed by the final result. It's all about Chelsea, a Chelsea man gets MotM (for me, for so many reasons it was Hinshelwood) Albion passed Chelsea off the pitch when it was 11 v 11. I thought we were terrific even at 11 v 10 when not giving in. We can take much more positivity out of that game. Night all

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Well as everyone knows in here I'm as dull and negative as Eeyore. But I think we have a team that, among others, is good enough to win the Europa League.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
"Drawing any certainties from a summer tour game can be foolish, so the shrewdest conclusion to offer from this encounter is that those new signings of [Brighton] who featured can be content with their outings." is the wisest reaction (from The Guardian).

It was a very entertaining game. Our football hasn't altered one bit; for me, the new signing standouts were Dahoud fitting right in, and Pedro being really exciting, something different.

We simply look quality.

mile oak

May 21, 2023
Considering we played a third of the match a man down, no Dunk, it was a good work out and no cause for concern. I thought before going a man down we were on top. Not concerned at all. We can beat them in the league.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Great work out, lots of positives:

Hinshelwood
Dahoud
Gilmore
Lallana
Adingra
Alzate
JOAO PEDRO

And the fact that we were FAR superior to Chelsea with 11 men and competed with them with 10. They even played Colwill and we didn’t Caicedo!

Sensible Chelsea fans (if they exist) must wonder how we do it. How we’re so vastly superior to them even after their mammoth spending.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
MOTM should have been Gallagher who played a full 90 in a problem CM position, good energy, got the goal. Robbie Earle is clueless, indeed not to even mention the first yellow on JPVH that was never, ever shown on their coverage.

The game turned on that incident, it was piss poor from Sky.

No evidence there that Chelsea look like a top 4 side. But they finished their chances well, credit to them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here