Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Match Series DVD - What are your thoughts on this?

hastings

Jan 15, 2010
Suffolk
Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest News | Latest News | New! Match Series DVDs

So i have just read about this new product that will be available to purchase at £9.99. If fixtures, accept my apologies but i did scan the first page at least.

How many think they would buy such an item and do you feel that the price tag is a fair one? I personally cant see too many buying these, particularly for arguements sake a game against Barnsley.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Kerrchiinnggg $$$$ we've all got to do our bit to help Tony :)

Wickerman

Aug 24, 2011
Horam
Funny thing is I was only thinking about this the other day. I thought it would be a great idea if we could see a full game from start to finish especially a significant one like Portsmouth. I feel there are two problems here though, the first being the price. I think it is pitched just a bit too high. Maybe they should do a BOGOFF or buy 2 get the third free....etc. Although I don't want to get into Palarse territory and start degrding ourselves befoe we've even started. Lets just say it may be a bit too high and leave it at that. The second problem is the obvious situation where we lose badly!! Only the opposition would be interested methinks...........it is good business for sure so I applaude the club for doing this.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Hmm, Interesting marketing. £9.99 is steep for a standard League game. £4.99 I think would shift a lot more. Or some sort of monthly DVD for £9.99 might be more attractive.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Great idea. Was away for the Burnley and Saints matches so would have loved to see them properly.

It's a really cheap for the club to produce as they're doing all the work already practically. So it can't really lose money, escpecially for the less desirable games. £10 is quite steep though

rool

Jul 10, 2003
The second problem is the obvious situation where we lose badly!! Only the opposition would be interested methinks

I don't know for sure but would imagine these could be made to order? I remember going into the club shop with a faulty DVD once and they burned a new one for me there and then.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I expect a bargain bin full of these reduced to £3 each at the beginning of next season selling off all the ones nobody wanted. Even then I don't think I would buy it unless it was an absolute belter of a game.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Maybe an iTunes download for £3

killer miller

Apr 25, 2011
Bexhill-on-sea
Would be a lot better if they wont so expensive like wickerman said maybe BOGOF, at 10 pound a game could lead to a lot of money but it all goes to the club so suppose it don't matter.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Would also be nice if the club focussed a bit more on a ticket exchange though

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've been thinking for some time that I want the club to release a DVD of the Doncaster match. I hate the thought of forgetting details from what was to date the best day of my mediocre existence. I'm not interested in watching every game again, even for free, but get a Doncaster one on the shelves and I'll pay anything.

Hadn't thought about it before, but you've sold me. I'd also like a Donny one, please.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Fantastic, I have been asking for this for ages! Would be brilliant for us exiles.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
It's a great idea and shows how innovative the club is and how far we have come. But as others have said the price is just plain wrong. To me, they should base the price on the entertainment, result and the importance. The opening Donny one, the 3-0 smashing of Soton for example, fair play at a tenner. But some of the less interesting games scale down the price. And the 3-1 home defeat to Palace they can f***ing pay us to buy!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Hmm, Interesting marketing. £9.99 is steep for a standard League game. £4.99 I think would shift a lot more. Or some sort of monthly DVD for £9.99 might be more attractive.

I like that idea - one a month with the home games of the previous month included.

We could even pay for it as part of our ST package? (£9.99 x 9 months, averaged out at £7.50 a month onto the price of a ST) Having said that some people are baulking at an extra £1.30 per game travel!

I think £9.99 per game is too much, although I'd probably buy a Donny one.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
I think the club is going lose out big time as it is priced far to high, IMO a monthly fee would be better say £10 - £15 a month or £4 per game. But £10 per game !!! I would want the DVD to be made of gold and the case to be hand signed by the MOTM of each game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here