Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Match of the Day

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Actually, as my brother pointed out yesterday, we have won this season on away goals. Before anyone says that the FA Cup game doesn't count, it certainly counted towards our bank balance. We made a £1,000,000 out of the United game alone. That's half a De Boer in Palace currency.

If yesterday is typical I can see why Palace have conceded so many late goals. Hodgson, like Hughton seems to like to retreat when in front. Given enough opportunities, the better teams will nearly always make the invited pressure count. Even we, one of the lowest scoring away teams in the league, should have done. Hodgson has proven his worth getting Palace out of the mire and he is probably more important than any single player to their immediate future. We would say similar about Chris, but both of them really do need to be occasionally willing to go for the throat when they have an advantage.

Really? So we are playing to put money in the bank..I thought it was to win games for the fans.

We had 6 points to play for against palace and got 1.

I hardly think we can draw any conclusions from that apart from the obvious.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Really? So we are playing to put money in the bank..I thought it was to win games for the fans.

In any case, points in the league are worth far more in terms of money, given each league position is worth 2 million (ignoring the money we get from simply staying up!)

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Well that's a bit of an over-reaction. I was just pointing out that the FA Cup win was not worthless just because we didn't win the cup.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Well that's a bit of an over-reaction. I was just pointing out that the FA Cup win was not worthless just because we didn't win the cup.

No I was suggesting that the cup game was an irrelevance when comparing it to the main purpose of this exercise...which is to gain as many points as possible from palace. In the old days we treasured the cup competitions but now staying in the prem is the b and end all to everything we do.

Seemly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here