Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

match of the day

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
can't stand how the Football League Show is structured. Yes you get the goals, but you only get the goals. At least Match of the Day shows you the controversial bits of games.

The FLS has about 36 games to cover though to be fair, and the bulk of the shows running time (rightly) focusses on the Championship. Then there's Clems weekly feature as well, which I always quite enjoy. And they DO show all the sendings off throughout the leagues. But you can only squeeze so much in - although I guess they could cut down on the studio prattle a bit.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Don't watch MOTD. Too boring so skim it for ex Albion players incidents. Format of the show is wrong for me. Bring back the 3 feature games and a have a round up of key instances in other matches.
Really annoys me we never get to see the final whistle blow...particularly in tight crucial games. Don't understand as also you miss the initial reaction from fans, managers and players when the whistle blows...

MOTD2 is the way to go. No complaints here. Better analysis too.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
The FLS has about 36 games to cover though to be fair, and the bulk of the shows running time (rightly) focusses on the Championship. Then there's Clems weekly feature as well, which I always quite enjoy. And they DO show all the sendings off throughout the leagues. But you can only squeeze so much in - although I guess they could cut down on the studio prattle a bit.

Yeah I mean logically I know it's the best they can do with the time and resources available, but it still annoys me. The Premier League is obviously a much bigger draw so gets the main share of attention, and I guess interest isn't the Football League isn't sufficient to justify anything being done to expand the highlights. Just wish more people cared so the BBC would be forced to improve their offering.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yeah I mean logically I know it's the best they can do with the time and resources available, but it still annoys me. The Premier League is obviously a much bigger draw so gets the main share of attention, and I guess interest isn't the Football League isn't sufficient to justify anything being done to expand the highlights. Just wish more people cared so the BBC would be forced to improve their offering.

The FLS highlights already runs for what, an hour and a quarter ? With 3 divisions to cover, I think it does it pretty well tbh. Its always going to be on after MOTD, so if it was any longer then you really are sending it into the wee small hours (and I'm usually seriously flagging by the time it gets to the L1 goals).

We certainly never USED to get every goal from every league on a Saturday night, so personally I'm quite happy that we get to see that these days, even if it is on at silly bugger hours. Least we can tape it.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I watch it occasionally and I much prefer watching match highlights than actually watching a game live on TV. Nothing beats being at a match and I think if I stopped going to football matches, I'd stop watching completely.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Apart from the fact I'm usually out, I rarely watch it nowadays. Sunday morning = watch FLS recorded the night before followed by Goals on Sunday

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
The FLS highlights already runs for what, an hour and a quarter ? With 3 divisions to cover, I think it does it pretty well tbh. Its always going to be on after MOTD, so if it was any longer then you really are sending it into the wee small hours (and I'm usually seriously flagging by the time it gets to the L1 goals).

We certainly never USED to get every goal from every league on a Saturday night, so personally I'm quite happy that we get to see that these days, even if it is on at silly bugger hours. Least we can tape it.

Regarding it's silly time: It also annoys me they don't move it up when there's no Premier League games. Why not put FLS in the MOTD time slot on those weeks?

Edit: By silly time I don't mean it being after MOTD is bad, but it is really late once you get to League 1/2.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here