Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Match of the Day Magazine Championship Player of the Year

Dec 29, 2011
Something feels fishy for me. Unless Wednesday posted this on their official website I don't see how they can get so many votes. We must have pulled in at least 1,000 votes from NSC yet we're not even halfway near Foreistieri.. Maybe there's a Wednesday fan out there that wrote a little script and employed the help of a few proxies.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I've managed to register 2 votes on separate days, keep 'em comin'!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I have passed to some friends and asked them to get their mates to vote for Beram

It's not letting them vote ----- FIX!

Last edited:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The ip thing is definitely correct. Just voted using the Wi-Fi where I'm having a coffee. Then switched Wi-Fi off and voted again using 4g. Will vote again using home Wi-Fi when I get in.

Also voted yesterday using 4g so it does seem you can use the same ip address every 24hrs.

Get voting from multiple sources!

WoodyOwl

Mar 10, 2016
Worthing
Something feels fishy for me. Unless Wednesday posted this on their official website I don't see how they can get so many votes. We must have pulled in at least 1,000 votes from NSC yet we're not even halfway near Foreistieri.. Maybe there's a Wednesday fan out there that wrote a little script and employed the help of a few proxies.

What a load of rubbish, is it really beyond the realms of fantasy that we may have a larger active online fanbase?

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
I think its purely that they were on it much earlier and got a good headstart and have a large fanbase to vote, ultimately its great to mess with these polls but I would'nt take it too seriously, however it's a nice distration from actually thinking about real football for a couple of days!

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

They had a big head start. Ayala was in front when they started.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The ip thing is definitely correct. Just voted using the Wi-Fi where I'm having a coffee. Then switched Wi-Fi off and voted again using 4g. Will vote again using home Wi-Fi when I get in.

Also voted yesterday using 4g so it does seem you can use the same ip address every 24hrs.

Get voting from multiple sources!

I voted at home on a PC and tried voting on 3G on the phone when I was out yesterday but I wasn't allowed. I'm not sure what's stopping me: perhaps it picked up on my Google profile as the IP address and MAC address would have been different

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I voted at home on a PC and tried voting on 3G on the phone when I was out yesterday but I wasn't allowed. I'm not sure what's stopping me: perhaps it picked up on my Google profile as the IP address and MAC address would have been different

Not sure about that but I've just voted again using my home Wi-Fi (on PC) and it worked fine. Maybe use a browser other than Chrome on the phone? I don't really know how these things work but I've managed 4 votes so far!

Oh and if you have Tor or another VPN type thing then that works too......

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Just done another vote today, will try do some more tonight.

Seems Burnley fans have cottoned onto this, as yesterday Barton was at about 1%, he's now on 8.16%.

We seem to be hovering around 18% now and not making much headway!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here