Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Match day Travel Survey

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Interesting to see the Rayo Vallecano friendly has prices for P&R at £3 per person, that's for walk ups too.

Screenshot 2023-06-30 at 09.45.04.png

Could be an indicator of future charges. That's not too harsh if the travel subsidy does get withdrawn.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Still harsh to charge. We pay for this don't forget, regardless of if we use it. As someone who already drives 100 miles each way for a game because the train service is stressful, and third world quality in terms of reliability, the "free" park and ride is a nice touch. To charge for it would make me seriously consider what is already a huge outlay, as petrol + ticket works out at about £78 a game already without any of the other day out expenses considered.

If it was a case of just get the train to every game, that immediately rules out midweeks, 7pm+ evening KOs, and tbh most Sunday games and I personally would bin off my ST and just go once or twice a year instead.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Still harsh to charge. We pay for this don't forget, regardless of if we use it. As someone who already drives 100 miles each way for a game because the train service is stressful, and third world quality in terms of reliability, the "free" park and ride is a nice touch. To charge for it would make me seriously consider what is already a huge outlay, as petrol + ticket works out at about £78 a game already without any of the other day out expenses considered.

If it was a case of just get the train to every game, that immediately rules out midweeks, 7pm+ evening KOs, and tbh most Sunday games and I personally would bin off my ST and just go once or twice a year instead.
It’s not a league game so you’re not paying for it……

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Interesting to see the Rayo Vallecano friendly has prices for P&R at £3 per person, that's for walk ups too.

View attachment 162897

Could be an indicator of future charges. That's not too harsh if the travel subsidy does get withdrawn.
Friendlies have always been outside of the travel subsidy ? The train service has always been not free for them.

View attachment 162897

this is really setting the hares racing. There’s been charges for transport to friendlies and cup games since the Amex opened. And although it’s being reviewed (it’s been tweaked several times since introduced) - i doubt the year zero option - “it’s gets withdrawn” is on the cards or that this friendly is an indicator of anything really.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Friendlies have always been outside of the travel subsidy ? The train service has always been not free for them.

this is really setting the hares racing. There’s been charges for transport to friendlies and cup games since the Amex opened. And although it’s being reviewed (it’s been tweaked several times since introduced) - i doubt the year zero option - “it’s gets withdrawn” is on the cards or that this friendly is an indicator of anything really.

Was taking it as a possible indication of the price *IF* the travel subsidy was withdrawn. Thought it was mildly interesting and of note given all the wild speculation previously in this thread, that’s all. No hares being raced by me.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Was taking it as a possible indication of the price *IF* the travel subsidy was withdrawn. Thought it was mildly interesting and of note, that’s all.
Of course but the club haven't floated this - just a suggestion that the travel scheme is being reviewed. (not ditched !!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here