[Albion] Match day plans for tonight.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Daughter has a game for Brighton girls in bloody Dartford at 10am Saturday, so no beer or not much for me tonight.
might actually make a change from watching the match through one squinted eye, and constantly wanting a piss.

I will have a large whisky on the rocks about 5:30
I am walking to the park & ride at the racecourse around 6pm.
beer outside the ground if they are open, with a couple of friends, then to my seat to take the atmosphere about 7:30.
Home, small whisky, Sandwich, possibly another small whisky & Bed.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I do hope your abusing the park and ride service at the racecourse, by walking and ride....

Well if you call staggering about walking after all that :lolol:

What is your local ?
I am on Hartington Road, so I walk up to the "park & ride"

Not my local but a mates, The Hannover on Queens Park Road. We only use the P&R after games. We get to the match on the 23 bus, which, incidentally, goes down Elm Grove. Could be useful to you?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
About 5, open a spicy Malbec and cook myself dinner (Just bought a nice Haggis, and will do neeps and tatties)
About 6.30 front door will go, down what's left in my glass and jacket/shoes on
Wander up to Dyke roundabout P&R and jump on bus
Onto concourse and pint of Harvey's
Up steps, greet NSCer who sits a few rows down, and into seat
90 minutes of stress, nervousness and hopefully elation
Onto concourse, pint of Harvey's (maybe more depending on result)
P&R back to Dyke, wander down hill
Get in and finish what's left of Malbec/Open another bottle/Glass or two of Remy, depending on result :albion2:

Sorry, MASSIVE change of plan, Mrs Wz has just phoned from Waitrose. It will be Ox cheeks with red wine jus.

Guess the Haggis will have to wait until tomorrow :shrug:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Work till 5.30
Make dinner
Scoff it
Cuppa with Mrs G
Saunter to the Amex about 7.30
10.00 Saunter home after our customary draw
10.30 Cheeky dram while catching up with NSC

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Mrs gaffer is cooking a chicken in red wine casserole.
Scoff that
Set off to park near the mill road P&R and drop in on the father in law
Go to the park and ride about 7ish
Get to the ground about 7:20/30 depending on traffic
Queue and flash my security pass and COVID pass at the disinterested steward
Get a coffee and a pint of tap water
Get to my seat by 7:45

Cock O Van ?

I'll stick with Cow face O Van :thumbsup:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The Hannover on Queens Park Road.

Such an odd pub, the food is hit and miss, the staff are ok, it just never feels right, if you know what I mean, sometimes full of Hanover parents with little Tyler and Star running around, or the odd group of students, stuck for where to go, a few locals that (forgive me) are hard work and very cliquey. No music, it is actually dire, as pubs go in Brighton.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Daughter to bed around 730. Kick the dog off the sofa around 745 and a bourbon in hand by 8 whilst watching on the tv!

That reminds me, don't make the same mistake as me.....

Attachments

• share-1-funny-hacks (2).jpg
    share-1-funny-hacks (2).jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 127

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Fifteen pints, victimise a Palace fan smaller than me, sing "God Save the Queen" then pass out into my kebab. Just a regular Friday night.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Catch the Seagull bus at 6.15 . Get to Amex at 7.00 ish . Two pints of Harveys ,one in each hand, pee at 7.50 then out there. Pee at half time then out there. After game another pee then back on the bus. If we win shouting out loud segulls on entering the house in a great mood , watch match of the day several times. wake up watch the highlights several times. Read anything available all week . If we lose I am miserable all week until 48 hours before the next game. It all starts again.

If you switch on your t.v. expecting to watch Match Of the Day when you get home, you will have a 24 hour wait, it's still Friday!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Heading out shortly, should get a solid 3hrs drinking in before KO

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Working tonight, but I’ll have the commentary on.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Local pub followed by fish and chip dinner in front of the tv. I’m fully onboard with the modern football experience.

Don’t forget to be on your phone all the way through as well, cashing in/out, texting your mates, uploading your video diary and most of all…taking selfies. Enjoy!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Bus to game. Straight to seat. Wear mask throughout. Leave game early - maybe absurdly early. Going on holiday in 2 weeks so got no intention of catching covid on a train rammed with mask-dodgers. Would far rather watch an hour of live football than no live football at all. Will almost certainly do the same on Tuesday also

At what point do you start calling for Potters sacking?:lolol:

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Sorry, MASSIVE change of plan, Mrs Wz has just phoned from Waitrose. It will be Ox cheeks with red wine jus.

Guess the Haggis will have to wait until tomorrow :shrug:

I'm interested to know how you will cook your Ox cheek in the time available... pressure cooker?

I do love using ox cheek for a hearty beef stew (and dumplings), but would always cook them for 3 hours minimum

No opportunity for homecooked fare tonight for me sadly - it'll be a Charlie Bigham lasagne and a bottle of red wine on the sofa, watching through my fingers!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm signing off very shortly from my home desktop. Planning on getting a 700 along the coast, then getting a paper and mincing along to The Sussex for a few settlers and some scoff. Then a 25 from the Steine in good time before things get silly, to arrive for a couple in DICKS with some chums.

That should do it.

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
Was planning to go to The Swan around 6pm but someone on Twitter just said it was closed on police advice. Just tried to call and there’s no answer.

Has anyone got any insight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm interested to know how you will cook your Ox cheek in the time available... pressure cooker?

I do love using ox cheek for a hearty beef stew (and dumplings), but would always cook them for 3 hours minimum

No opportunity for homecooked fare tonight for me sadly - it'll be a Charlie Bigham lasagne and a bottle of red wine on the sofa, watching through my fingers!

Long and slow . . . nothing beats it. :)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

LN_877270_BP_11.jpg

Not normally a fan of ready meals, but more important things on my mind tonight :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports