[Travel] Match day parking

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
In the 10 years we’ve been at the Amex I’ve never had to use park and ride as I’ve always got the train or parked in the Bridge car park but looks like I’m going to have to for the Leicester game as no trains running between Littlehampton and Brighton that weekend. I could do with some advice if possible.

It’s my kids first Albion game so I wanted to get to the ground particularly early so they can take it all in so as that’s a 2pm game, what times will the car parks open and the first buses run to to the ground? And how long do they run after the game?

Out of interest, how are other Hampshire based fans planning to get to that game?

There are no car parks for that match and no trains from Littlehampton?! Blimey.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
What a shambles the Leicester game is for transport.

How quickly does Mill Rd fill up and what happens whe it’s full?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When full they usually redirect people to the racecourse park and ride as that is usually last to fill up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
As an update to this, I've just had an email from Jenny at Supporter Services to say that the trains from Littlehampton to Brighton are not cancelled on the weekend of the Leicester game but Southern and National Rail just haven't updated their websites yet. Apparently just Hove to Brighton affected that weekend.

Just as well, would have been chaos otherwise.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
As an update to this, I've just had an email from Jenny at Supporter Services to say that the trains from Littlehampton to Brighton are not cancelled on the weekend of the Leicester game but Southern and National Rail just haven't updated their websites yet. Apparently just Hove to Brighton affected that weekend.

Just as well, would have been chaos otherwise.

No trains between Hove and Brighton; that's quite a big deal for any fans coming by train from the west. Obviously not the club's fault but blinking heck that's inconvenient!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
No trains between Hove and Brighton; that's quite a big deal for any fans coming by train from the west. Obviously not the club's fault but blinking heck that's inconvenient!

Oh I quite agree, totally inconvenient but nothing between Littlehampton and Brighton would have been worse!

They still haven't updated the websites though so I'm not going to count chickens yet!

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
It would be great if a regular bus service could be arranged to shuttle fans directly between Hove station and The Amex on match days for anyone coming from the west.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
It would be great if a regular bus service could be arranged to shuttle fans directly between Hove station and The Amex on match days for anyone coming from the west.

From Portslade station would be an even easier route for a shuttle bus to go.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Isn't about time the club laid on valet parking? Or they could do what some of the big airlines doing and actually collect their 'customers' from their houses!

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
How were the park and rides on Saturday? I am coming down from Warwick on Saturday and usually use mill road. Was this all open and working properly? Is it opening silly early and filling straightaway etc? Thanks.

Vin

Jun 12, 2021
Evening, I’m going to the Leicester game and first time driving. Any advice on parking at the stadium?
Thanks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports