Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
‘A rival team’ is a bit of a stretch

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Delighted to see that Chelsea are up to 4th in the table, having only spent £278.4 Million in the summer on players, and having had to resort to nicking the manager of a rival team, along with virtually their entire coaching / backroom staff, in order to win some matches. I'm not bitter !
From bottom to top of their Champions League table inside a month as well.

Its a FAIRYTALE story.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Delighted to see that Chelsea are up to 4th in the table, having only spent £278.4 Million in the summer on players, and having had to resort to nicking the manager of a rival team, along with virtually their entire coaching / backroom staff, in order to win some matches. I'm not bitter !
No difference to City, Arsenal, Spurs, Man Utd and Liverpool. All spend some insane amounts of money to nick the best talent they can. It really is 2 leagues the PL.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Didn't play well today but yeah they're winning. The Graham is going to turn them into a team that is really difficult to beat but he's got a lot of work to do before they can challenge City.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
No difference to City, Arsenal, Spurs, Man Utd and Liverpool. All spend some insane amounts of money to nick the best talent they can. It really is 2 leagues the PL.
It does grind my gears hearing Klopp whine about not being able to compete with City and mentioning the rise of Newcastle as well, talk about a lack of self-awareness, welcome to the world of 99.9% of football clubs you sour dickhead, it won’t stop your club cherry picking whoever you want from us lesser clubs and us having to just suck it up.

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
It does grind my gears hearing Klopp whine about not being able to compete with City and mentioning the rise of Newcastle as well, talk about a lack of self-awareness, welcome to the world of 99.9% of football clubs you sour dickhead, it won’t stop your club cherry picking whoever you want from us lesser clubs and us having to just suck it up.
Unfortunately, that's business, CM.
If it's any consolation, I think we do have the moral high ground over the lot of them.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Subtle.

But true :lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Your gears are facing an unnecessary battering.

He’s telling the truth. The owners don’t put in a dollar to subsidise fees and wages. They’ve spent a third of both Manc clubs. The eighth biggest fees net spend. Here are the facts.

18037864-5672-4638-8D3E-51AB62FF91C3.jpeg

We all know that a small band of clubs across Europe are financially cheating on an industrial scale.

Newcastle are a bad example to quote. The murderers are on a huge spending spree way in excess of true income.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Can we please just move on. It’s embarrassing

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Agents and savvy selling clubs have dined out on Villa and Everton for years.

Bloom-Barber showing there is another way.
Potter was the another way, the whole thing was built around Potter developing players to be sold for profit whilst keeping the club in the PL. Interesting to see what the approach is to be now.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Potter was the another way, the whole thing was built around Potter developing players to be sold for profit whilst keeping the club in the PL. Interesting to see what the approach is to be now.
Exactly the same. Whilst Potter was important we’re a bit better run than just leaving our success or failure down to one bloke.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The day we stop providing top 4/5 clubs with quality players and management will be a sad one in reality. That's the day we stop punching so far above our weight.

That said, I don't give a shit how Chelsea do. I refuse to wish him well because I hate Chelsea and what they've done to our club. And if they fail, it simply means Man City (and their irritating entitled "fans") or Liverpool/United (with their clueless armchair support) or the nouveau riche Bone Sawdies have beaten them instead.

I will certainly chuckle heartily when it all goes very wrong at Stamford Bridge though. In fact my tits will fall off.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Unfortunately, that's business, CM.
If it's any consolation, I think we do have the moral high ground over the lot of them.
True we poached GP out of season and RZB was a free agent and we help develop young talent etc But what is that saying about nice people and their finishing position.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I seem to recall RDZ having a pretty good track record at that too. No, I can't remember where I saw it or who it was. And no, I can't be arsed to look. You'll just have to take my word for it 🤣

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here