Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Mason Greenwood

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
surprised this hasn’t come up on here, and have just done a search to check.
Charges have been dropped against him for rape and assault, Manure seem to be working towards bringing him back, but there is plenty of opposition to it - Rachel Riley, for example.
On the one hand, what happened to “innocent until proven guilty”. On the other hand there’s no smoke without fire.
I can’t help thinking it’s a potential PR disaster for Manure. Or will it all blow over.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
PR disaster for ManUre. There should be a contract break by mutual consent. He can then go to a muzzie league where what he done, as revealed by social media posts, isn't an issue. If he wants to keep playing.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
surprised this hasn’t come up on here, and have just done a search to check.
Charges have been dropped against him for rape and assault, Manure seem to be working towards bringing him back, but there is plenty of opposition to it - Rachel Riley, for example.
On the one hand, what happened to “innocent until proven guilty”. On the other hand there’s no smoke without fire.
I can’t help thinking it’s a potential PR disaster for Manure. Or will it all blow over.
I often base my life decisions on what Rachel Riley thinks so let's go with her verdict.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Well he isn't guilty in the eyes of the law so that's that.

But my holistic gut feeling is to dislike him. And I will.

It was not a case of being found guilty or not guilty in the eyes of the law, but a case of the charges being dropped due to the withdrawal of evidence from a key witness.

A cynic might say that such actions can be bought for a couple of Gucci handbags and a footballer's baby whilst living in a mock Georgian mansion, but we are not cynics here on NSC.

As for Manchester United's conduct, carefully orchestrated to maximise the value of inventory, but has now backfired.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
It was not a case of being found guilty or not guilty in the eyes of the law, but a case of the charges being dropped due to the withdrawal of evidence from a key witness.

A cynic might say that such actions can be bought for a couple of Gucci handbags and a footballer's baby whilst living in a mock Georgian mansion, but we are not cynics here on NSC.

As for Manchester United's conduct, carefully orchestrated to maximise the value of inventory, but has now backfired.
Exactly key witnesses pulled out . As far as I’m aware Greenwood has never denied it’s his voice on tape . That recording alone is enough to make me feel sick and hope he never plays again .

Footballers are role models for kids , he is not a role model and in my opinion should not be given a second chance .

I’m with team Riley .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

I don't think that's the case, I think it's more that his partner doesn't want to press charges.

I don't go along with the 'no smoke without fire' idea, because sometimes people make shit up, but in this case I've heard the tape of him threatening his partner into having sex, and I know what I think.

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Can you imagine the abuse he would get at away grounds it would be horrendous surprised he would want to come back to the PL. Saudi on the other hand perfect for monsters like this arsehole.

On a side note the girls dad is a disgrace to fathers what a weak man he is.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Put it this way, if this was us and a player we had I’d want shot of him soon as possible.

Let’s be honest, the only reason this is even a question is because he is undoubtedly a talented footballer. If he was shite, we’d never see or hear from him again. But talent shouldn’t override decency.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Charges were dropped but the victim’s audio recordings and photos say all you need to know. Horrible if they bring him back. Just another reminder of football’s misplaced values.
Very much this. Irrespective of the legal outcome the case showed him to be a very dispicable person. What sort of message does this send out? i

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
I don't think that's the case, I think it's more that his ex doesn't want to press charges.

I don't go along with the 'no smoke without fire' idea, because sometimes people make shit up, but in this case I've heard the tape of him threatening his ex into having sex, and I know what I think.
As far as I know, she’s not his ex. They’re together and now have a child.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

But my holistic gut feeling is to dislike him. And I will.

The charges were dismissed because the defendant dropped them. He was then told off for having inappropriate contact with her.

Anyone who has heard the recordings will have made their own mind up on what happened. Disgusting piece of filth.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Exactly key witnesses pulled out . As far as I’m aware Greenwood has never denied it’s his voice on tape . That recording alone is enough to make me feel sick and hope he never plays again .

Footballers are role models for kids , he is not a role model and in my opinion should not be given a second chance .

I’m with team Riley .

His second chance was not having to face a court room.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here