Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Mason Greenwood charged with attempted rape

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I hope Manure don't orchestrate an oh so predictable Zouma-esque PR exercise, to keep their 'asset'.

"Education for the players on respect and misogyny, a large donation to a Manc abuse charity" blah, blah, blah.

Instead, taking a tough stance will send the right message and be a warning shot to players (Greenwood's not the first) who treat females like shit.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Aren’t the above two replies exactly what I said?

My point is regardless of the outcome in terms of criminal process, nothing has actually changed with his prospects of playing for the club again. If anything, this strengthens his position. So why must he be released now as opposed to when the recordings were made public?
Isn't it an issue with law. Utd wouldn't have been able to say 'this was posted on twitter, you're fired' they'd need to follow process and investigate it, and the police started their action before Utd had a chance to start their investigation. At that point Utd would have been, if not legally required, then strongly encouraged, to wait for the legal process to complete to avoid prejudicing any trial.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Be interesting to see the PFAs stance as well if Man Utd do anything

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I see he’s stating he won’t play for Man United again, will forever be innocent until proven guilty, will anyone in the EPL or the Championship take a huge punt on what is still a talented footballer?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There will be a queue in the summer. Since when did football have a moral compass?
We’ve had rapists and manslaughter-ers resume their careers after porridge….any murderers?

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
There will be but as the article that broke this story said it won’t be in the Premier League. PR is more important in Premier League football than it has ever been and would you really want a player that Man United, a team with famously few morals, deemed too problematic?

Regardless of what you think of the lack of prosecution, it would be a monumental risk for any English club to pick him up with everything that has come out and is part of the public knowledge of him.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Different times.

Although there‘s the age old debate is a drink driver who kills someone a murderer or just guilty of manslaughter?

There‘s been a couple of them over the years.
I guess a drink driver will usually be manslaughter as the death won’t be premeditated?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
There will be but as the article that broke this story said it won’t be in the Premier League. PR is more important in Premier League football than it has ever been and would you really want a player that Man United, a team with famously few morals, deemed too problematic?

Regardless of what you think of the lack of prosecution, it would be a monumental risk for any English club to pick him up with everything that has come out and is part of the public knowledge of him.
Agree, I think he’s either going to end up at an ambitious Championship club or bugger off overseas (Italy?)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here