Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marvellous BBC2 at 9pm

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Loved the film and it's so great to hear the real life comments. The film is so deserving of awards. Great news about the Baftas.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Must be time for someone to nominate Neil for an MBE (or even a knighthood!) It would be great to send him to Buckingham Palace to meet the queen (but then he's prbably already a personal friend)!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
View attachment 64450

Yeah, found this one the other day. Its my debut! Although I'm not the keeper in this one, I played outfield.

It was a very decent effort I think. He'd obviously spent a lot of time with him, he had his mannerisms down almost perfectly - particularly that shuffle with carrier bag in hand!

They didn't ham it up at all, that's pretty much how he is.

Did meet a few members of the team sometime after it came out. We all agreed though that some of his criticism was very stinging, and we were disappointed that this wasn't portrayed. Some players (and he had his favourites too!) could never please him, one player in particular was called a 'bloody DH' 20 times a game without fail. It was hilarious. At full time though that would be it, and he'd be everyones friend again - he just took it seriously and hated losing. He'll be there tomorrow (Friday) evening at the training pitch, under layers and layers of jackets coats and fleeces, he'll be surrounded by carrier bags full of his notes and stenciled drawings. There might be 50 faces there, but he'll know everyone. If someone new turns up, he'll get up and shuffle across to welcome him. Marvellous!

Lovely stuff, thanks for that!

OGH's Libido

Nov 30, 2014
Thought I'd youtube it, just in case he made a speech, and yes, of course!

Neil has them eating out of his hand. Don't be fooled though, he's on maneuvers and after an MBE!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
FYI Neil and Lou were on 5-live's Sarah & Dan's afternoon show.

It's probably on I-player, it's definitely on their podcast which has just popped up on my downloads, as 'Sarah and Dan's Extra Edition'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here