Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Martyn Blyth - RIP

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
John, does Joe Lees still do decorating ? I need some done.

Afraid he's retired Dave.

I was speaking to John Rumble tonight, down the leisure centre. He said he bumped into you the other day!

(This is getting a small world)

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Afraid he's retired Dave.

I was speaking to John Rumble tonight, down the leisure centre. He said he bumped into you the other day!

(This is getting a small world)

would that be Ian Rumbles brother?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Bastard (2 nd time):smile:

I recall a fair few of the Coach trips, though never went abroad sadly. Im sure i was on one of the clair hall departures that took us to Anfield in 83 cup run...left 4am, and i very well recall my bottle of Bells whisky that appeared to have disappeared down my throat too easily. We stopped at a pub (Warrington or somewhere rings a bell. I know in the pub it was loud mayhem as goodness knows how many of us suddenly developed Coronation street accents, much to the annoyance of the two bet lynches behind t'bar

I recall the game reasonably well, though i did have to sit on the terrace to kip before kick-off...happy days

I had 50 tickets for the liverpool game and started handing them out on the coach,all 50 handed out except we had 51 on the coach and muggins was left with no ticket!!!!!!:facepalm: could we corrupt the scouse turnstile operator,bloody nearly took my arm off with the cash!!!!!!!!

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Yep.

John's son, Andy posts a lot on here as well.

I met Iam at school, a year or maybe two below me, mainly through my mate at the time, John Cooper from Church Road. We used to all kickabout in the rec. deano, John Cooper, paddy goodchild, Roger hudson, Dave johnson, we were joined around that time by Rod, Mick mclaughlind, kev sparks (blimey i just recalled him) and also diddy waterhouse who went on to play a part in Dr Who

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
I had 50 tickets for the liverpool game and started handing them out on the coach,all 50 handed out except we had 51 on the coach and muggins was left with no ticket!!!!!!:facepalm: could we corrupt the scouse turnstile operator,bloody nearly took my arm off with the cash!!!!!!!!

lol, priceless...i recall Deano well that day "dont drink all the scotch geoff" like an old woman he was

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
If anyone knows how that cross bar broke at aldershot please help? 75/76 season:whistle:

We were behind the goal i recall, I was standing next to Nick Clowes. next memory was on pitch, near the goal, cannot recall the perpetrators, but made a good job of snapping bar

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Crikey, that's going back some! I was there that day, but I'm a good boy. Besides, I would only have been 12 or 13 then. :angel:

i was 22/23 and should have known better, but i didnt so f*** it..was already overweight so had i swung on the crossbar it would certainly have buckled

Spoke with John Donaghue after seeing his name mentioned, he said he can't remeber the name, did Martyn have a nickname?.

although he certainly remebers the Incident with the Danes getting a kicking and a load of them stopping it.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Hooray Henley

Jul 7, 2010
Henley on Thames
The Lancing lot WERE a bunch of nutters - no doubt about that.....

But then there was a lot of it about in those days!!!!!!

Crikey - that Aldershot game...... I was only a young whippersnapper then, and I can honestly say that when it all kicked off with the old bill and all I was very very frightened indeed.

The Lancing lot WERE a bunch of nutters - no doubt about that.....

But then there was a lot of it about in those days!!!!!!

Crikey - that Aldershot game...... I was only a young whippersnapper then, and I can honestly say that when it all kicked off with the old bill and all I was very very frightened indeed.

aah yes the boys from the crab tree bob,dean, charlie and crowd, good lads!:clap:

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
SHIT i think that is me with my head out of the coach window on page 1 anybody no where coach was going any one remember steve smart

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here