Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Martyn Blyth - RIP

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
need to sort out a date when you are available mate! Dont forget bury away!!!!!!! And on the train back from fulham at home!!!! "stay cool man"

Hi matei recall bury away when other games were postponed due to snow, we were in visitors end, cordoned off by police, we were joined by, if i recall, man City fans. Other side of the cordon where man utd fans, police kindly let the odd one or two through, and they got their Just rewards lol, I was with Deano, dave johnson and paddy goodchild that day

ChrisBlyth

Jul 7, 2010
pasty - I remember you mate, think you went to a few others as well?

Lee - certainly did mate, although i wasn't helping matters if i remember as i was flicking the Vs to them as we drove past!

Chris - I will speak to Sarah at some point and arrange another night, apparently im even named after you so its the least we can do!

Also, does anyone know who i have to speak to at the club about getting a name on a seat? I cant seem to find anything on the website.

rev - thanks for all the photos!!!

John/Blackadder - will be good to see you again

As Sarah has also said, we are flying out to PHX on Tuesday for the service on Friday and the service will be available to view on the net either live (i think) but certainly for 30 days after. anyone who wants the URL and login details then please let me or Sarah know.

cheers

Hi matei recall bury away when other games were postponed due to snow, we were in visitors end, cordoned off by police, we were joined by, if i recall, man City fans. Other side of the cordon where man utd fans, police kindly let the odd one or two through, and they got their Just rewards lol, I was with Deano, dave johnson and paddy goodchild that day

I THINK WE MIGHT HAVE BEEN IN THE HOME END WHOOOPS! ONLY 20 FROM HAYWARDS HEATH AND 10 MORE FROM THE BOSUN! MARCUS THIRTLE INCLUDED:tantrum: HAD TO TAKE THE COACH TO NICK KERRS HOUSE TO DRAG HIM OUT OF BED 5AM!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
How About Sunday the 25th? Or the weekend after x

Saturday 31st would probably be better Sarah. Most of us will need to go to work the next day and I'm guessing a few of us will have sore heads! :drink:

I had an e-mail from Chris. He doesn't mind lunch time or later. He just can't make 24th. I'm guessng he will still be celebrating his daughter's wedding on the 25th.

Saturday 31st? what say all?

dvrvs

Jul 8, 2010
Mr Tampsett,

Chris being named after you is groovy (that’s cool to everyone under 55) but does he look like you ?

Any day is good for me to celebrate a great chum.

Mr Moat,

I have heard that John Terry has been bonking your ex girlfriend, thought you might like to know.

Yours sincerely

Wayne Bridge

As for missing Luton I also overslept for the Bury game, Chris came round in the pimpmobile but I never made it.

Happy memories of Cardiff away and then home eh Chris ? A post match scrap with two Taffies was just what you needed, that is after you had thumped me, I was truly grateful and honoured that you chose me to help you warm up for the Big Fight. McClick’s turn to savour the local Paddy Wagon.

I also recall you, Roddy, Martyn, Nick Kerr and A N Other taking on the Palace in the North East corner one home game, another one not to tell the grandchildren.

Some more stories about MB

Very few people know he was a Sex Therapist, or at least he did offer me some sound advice about Erectile Dysfunction that I am pleased to say I have not yet needed.

“Hold her upside down and drop it in,” he shouted across the pub just as it went quiet.

Bloody typical.

John Beard was quite able to knock back a bottle of Bacardi in his youth on a Saturday night and then take on everyone in the Pilgrim he did not like and at his stag party after four dry years he seemed determined to at least prove the first bit was still achievable. He knocked back a pint of Nigerian lager whilst the barman was still pouring the first round of drinks and then asked me to buy him a large Bacardi and Coke.

To me, Bacardi was a bit of a girlie drink, so I chucked in a double Cap’n Morgan to make it taste like a rum really should.

However Martyn was a whisky drinker.....

And he spiked it with a Johnnie Walker.....

The drink did not touch the sides, JB put the glass down and asked for a second, not suspecting nor tasting what had happened. Four glasses of double Bacardi, double Cap’n Morgan and single JW later and within 30 minutes of arriving at the Services club JB was flat out and about to be very, very ill. We carried him outside and left him lying across the back seat of my Hunter with his head out of one door and his feet out of the other. To avoid it being the shortest stag party ever, Martyn took us all back in and bought a round, all the time denying he had Micky Finned JB’s drink.

Then there was the trip to York and the previously mentioned Bradford curry. On passing the Minster for the third time, Martyn officially declared it the biggest pub he had ever seen and I officially declared us lost.

“We need to ask the way” said Martyn helpfully in case we had not realised the gravity of the situation.

“I’ll ask, I speak the language” he said.

I pulled over to the side where two young lasses were walking with prams and realised this is not such a good idea knowing what he might say.

Martyn stuck his head out of the window and said “Scuse me lass, can thee tell me t’ way to t’ football ground ?”

We should have known, whilst struggling to hold back the laughter she replied “You go dahn the road ‘ere. ‘cross them lights an’ turn left a bit like,” We had stumbled across the only two Cockneys in York.

He looked at them stunned “Cor blimey darlin’, if I ‘ad known you talk proper I would have spoken like what I normally do.”

A mate never to be forgotten.

Dave

South Standers did it standing up

dvrvs@btopenworld.com

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Mr Tampsett,

Chris being named after you is groovy (that’s cool to everyone under 55) but does he look like you ?

Any day is good for me to celebrate a great chum.

Mr Moat,

I have heard that John Terry has been bonking your ex girlfriend, thought you might like to know.

Yours sincerely

Wayne Bridge

As for missing Luton I also overslept for the Bury game, Chris came round in the pimpmobile but I never made it.

Happy memories of Cardiff away and then home eh Chris ? A post match scrap with two Taffies was just what you needed, that is after you had thumped me, I was truly grateful and honoured that you chose me to help you warm up for the Big Fight. McClick’s turn to savour the local Paddy Wagon.

I also recall you, Roddy, Martyn, Nick Kerr and A N Other taking on the Palace in the North East corner one home game, another one not to tell the grandchildren.

Some more stories about MB

Very few people know he was a Sex Therapist, or at least he did offer me some sound advice about Erectile Dysfunction that I am pleased to say I have not yet needed.

“Hold her upside down and drop it in,” he shouted across the pub just as it went quiet.

Bloody typical.

John Beard was quite able to knock back a bottle of Bacardi in his youth on a Saturday night and then take on everyone in the Pilgrim he did not like and at his stag party after four dry years he seemed determined to at least prove the first bit was still achievable. He knocked back a pint of Nigerian lager whilst the barman was still pouring the first round of drinks and then asked me to buy him a large Bacardi and Coke.

To me, Bacardi was a bit of a girlie drink, so I chucked in a double Cap’n Morgan to make it taste like a rum really should.

However Martyn was a whisky drinker.....

And he spiked it with a Johnnie Walker.....

The drink did not touch the sides, JB put the glass down and asked for a second, not suspecting nor tasting what had happened. Four glasses of double Bacardi, double Cap’n Morgan and single JW later and within 30 minutes of arriving at the Services club JB was flat out and about to be very, very ill. We carried him outside and left him lying across the back seat of my Hunter with his head out of one door and his feet out of the other. To avoid it being the shortest stag party ever, Martyn took us all back in and bought a round, all the time denying he had Micky Finned JB’s drink.

Then there was the trip to York and the previously mentioned Bradford curry. On passing the Minster for the third time, Martyn officially declared it the biggest pub he had ever seen and I officially declared us lost.

“We need to ask the way” said Martyn helpfully in case we had not realised the gravity of the situation.

“I’ll ask, I speak the language” he said.

I pulled over to the side where two young lasses were walking with prams and realised this is not such a good idea knowing what he might say.

Martyn stuck his head out of the window and said “Scuse me lass, can thee tell me t’ way to t’ football ground ?”

We should have known, whilst struggling to hold back the laughter she replied “You go dahn the road ‘ere. ‘cross them lights an’ turn left a bit like,” We had stumbled across the only two Cockneys in York.

He looked at them stunned “Cor blimey darlin’, if I ‘ad known you talk proper I would have spoken like what I normally do.”

A mate never to be forgotten.

Dave

South Standers did it standing up

dvrvs@btopenworld.com

Great stuff mate

Do I remember the Pilgrim, and the Beards! very very well...Geoff

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
57!!!!!!! BLOODY HELL I SUPPOSE WE ARE ALL GOING TO TURN UP LIKE OLDER THAN WE WERE? OLDER VERSIONS OF WHEN WE WERE YOUNG! HOW WIERD! I KNOW RODS PLACE HAS WHEELCHAIR ACCESS MIGHT BE WORTH STARTING OFF THERE!:wozza:

CHEERS MATE, you bastard :clap2::clap2: :amex:

savanah

Jul 24, 2007
16 Parkside Lane
Terrible news about Martyn.A good mate and you dont get many.I remember the trips to luxemburg and denmark fondly but also the 18/30 holiday and the time we went to see the albion at maine road and then went to a party in Carlisle!Great times and I will be there on 31st.
Gone but never forgotten.
Joe Szweda.

Saturday 31st would probably be better Sarah. Most of us will need to go to work the next day and I'm guessing a few of us will have sore heads! :drink:

I had an e-mail from Chris. He doesn't mind lunch time or later. He just can't make 24th. I'm guessng he will still be celebrating his daughter's wedding on the 25th.

Saturday 31st? what say all?

COULD START LUNCH TIME GO OVER THE OLD STORIES BY MID AFTERNOON WE COULD COULD HAVE A LITTLE NAP AND AROUND 5 WE COULD GO FOR A CURRY AND REPEAT ALL THE STORIES AGAIN ANY CHANCE OF MR DONOGUE OR KERR MAKING AN APPEARANCE?:gossip:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yep. Let's do it!

Hooray Henley

Jul 7, 2010
Henley on Thames
I am up for the 31st.

Another little anecdote which really gives an insight into Martins way of thinking.

Some dimwit teacher at Oathall had taken it upon himself to tell Martin that he would never make anything of his life. Less than two years after leaving school Martin was working as an inspector at Laser engineering and earning over £100 per week which was more than a teacher earned in those days . He spent a whole months wages on a bespoke suit handmade Loakes silk shirt and silk tie and went to visit the teacher in order to graphically show him his mistake

Last edited:

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
31ST JULY 1'ISH AT SAVANAH BAR BROADWAY HAYWARDS HEATH? HOW DOES THAT SOUND? ROD WOULD BE CHUFFED IF WE MET THERE,IS THAT ACCEPTABLE TO YOU GUYS AND GIRLS?:cheers: IF ANYONE HAS PLANS ALREADY UNDERWAY SPEAK NOW:angry:

the Philpott is cool, every confidence I will be there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here