Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Martin Keown thinks Martin Tyler was biased in his commentary

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Keown is whinging this morning on TS about how biased Tyler was in yesterdays match commentary……feeling for Arsenal fans having to listen to it …..as if Keown is never biased towards Arsenal ……. 🤦‍♂️

Various other excuses are currently being trotted out….Arsenal players knowing about the City result meant they were off their game ……etc etc

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Amazing - as someone pointed out on here he seemed incredibly low key with all our goals. Can’t remember if that’s his style but he seemed almost annoyed. To the point I was waiting for a flag or something each time…!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Amazing - as someone pointed out on here he seemed incredibly low key with all our goals. Can’t remember if that’s his style but he seemed almost annoyed. To the point I was waiting for a flag or something each time…!
yeah noticed this also. Almost seemed thoroughly annoyed . Guess doesn't fit the sky narrative and kills the last day drama

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Agreed it was as if your ears heard something different to what you’d seen

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Did he say it was bias, or just anti-Arsenal?

Think there's a difference, I wasn't concentrating on what Tyler was saying about Arsenal. Gary Neville was the one lamenting about our play.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It was highly amusing watching the faces of Neville, Viera and Keane, 3 very tough no nonsense players listen to Micah Richards trying to make a case that Kiwior on losing his boot was fouled for our first goal.

Micah Richards was also smirking - I got the impression he had drawn a pre-arranged short straw to try to make a case that a boot coming off was a foul.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I laughed out loud then.

Keown hated RDZ for the disrespectful knee slide and wild antics during the game, "he needs to calm down". Reckons the world's hypocritical, Arteta would be slagged off for doing it.

Put straight by SJ. Arteta's been involved in tons of touchline sh1t and clashes.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I laughed out loud then.

Keown hated RDZ for the disrespectful knee slide and wild antics during the game, "he needs to calm down". Reckons the world's hypocritical, Arteta would be slagged off for doing it.

Put straight by SJ. Arteta's been involved in tons of touchline sh1t and clashes.
….and he got a yellow card yesterday

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
….and he got a yellow card yesterday

Personally and I've always thought this, I love managers who show touchline passion and (not literally) fight the cause eg awful officiating decisions or violent fouls.

When we had CH and GP, many here had the opposite opinion to me and said managers should at all times show touchline decorum.

RDZ's an open book, I love it .... and him :lolol:

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
'And it's ended up in the net' seemed about the level of his excitement.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
All RDZ did was celebrate our goals, are we not allowed to do that now?! 😂
He did go on the pitch though which is a bit off to me. Moaners in WSU go mad when managers leave their tactical area, let alone knee sliding on the pitch

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here