Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Martin Kelly???

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
There is ZERO chance Liverpool will sell him to us. A loan deal would be amazing though. Plagued by injury at such a young age is not a good sign.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Yeah neither can I. I presume it's an embedded tweet, but twitter is blocked here at work.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
It says

Brighton want to make Martin Kelly their number one defensive target this summer on a permanent deal

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
A loan for the season is definately the way to go with this one.

Id be delighted to pair him with Hughes.
Hughes could even play left back.........

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
There is ZERO chance Liverpool will sell him to us. A loan deal would be amazing though. Plagued by injury at such a young age is not a good sign.

I'm not so sure. Wisdom is rated higher, they have Sakho, Lovren (they will), Coates, agger and Skrtel, Iiloris (or someone like that). All do or can play CB. Kelly won't get a look in for the next few years. That said, if it's true and we just get a loan he'll be brilliant for us. Fast, intelligent, can score. Hughes and Kelly CB pairing for me.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
I'm not so sure. Wisdom is rated higher, they have Sakho, Lovren (they will), Coates, agger and Skrtel, Iiloris (or someone like that). All do or can play CB. Kelly won't get a look in for the next few years. That said, if it's true and we just get a loan he'll be brilliant for us. Fast, intelligent, can score. Hughes and Kelly CB pairing for me.

Wisdom went on loan to WBA yesterday: http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ender-andre-wisdom-on-a-season-long-loan-deal

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Yes, to get experience. They've also just got Manquillo from Athletico on a 2 yr loan deal who can play across the back. i.e a better Kelly. I reckon he's off - and surely Hyypia can talk him into it? He'll be captain by next year.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
He's 24, at some point Liverpool need to play him(or at least be in with a shout of starting) or move him on.

Dec 29, 2011
I thought Kelly was a full back. If not, can he play there if required? I thought Dunk would get a proper go this season, but if Kelly is solely a CB it looks like he's got another season the bench ahead of him. Such a shame considering he was being scouted by Arsenal and Chelsea just a few years ago.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Well I did a career as Liverpool on FIFA14 and he eventually became my captain as I won the league so what does that tell you?

No, seriously, what DOES that tell you? I have no idea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here