Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Martin Braithwaite again?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
He plays more as a wide player than an out and out striker. That's maybe why his goals return isn't so great.

I would normally say too old to spend that amount of money but look how much Erickson transformed Brentford half way through last season.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
He plays more as a wide player than an out and out striker. That's maybe why his goals return isn't so great.

I would normally say too old to spend that amount of money but look how much Erickson transformed Brentford half way through last season.

Yes, The Son of Eric saved them; they were sliding down the table alarmingly before he joined them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
If he drifted right I’d say he is worth a punt, but he is pretty much Welbeck MK 2- ie plays well with back to goal, works hard, attacks the left channel. Doesn’t seem to fit really. Especially as Trossard and Mitoma both occupy that part of the field too.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I can only think of Mr Braithwaite out of a Bruce Lee film when I hear this name.

Whilst looking for a suitable vid, I found something more expressive:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Mitrovich has been average in the EPL,I'll have 35p with anyone he won't score more than 15 this season.

The ‘15+ striker’ thing is relevant for the Championship, but not the PL.

Last season, only 5 players scored more than 15 goals - Salah & Mane at Liverpool, Son & Kane at Spurs and Ronaldo at Man Utd.

I don’t think even Mitrovic himself has any expectations of joining that group.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Mitrovich has been average in the EPL,I'll have 35p with anyone he won't score more than 15 this season.

15 league goals would have have put him joint 6th in the scoring charts for this season. Mane and Kane got 16 and 17. 15 goals for a team near the bottom would be a very good season.

Edit: hadn’t read the whole thread. This point is already well covered.

Ozymandias86

Jun 24, 2011
Kanazawa
Contract terminated at Barca… :rolleyes:

B59347E6-E37E-48EB-AA06-9C3D2A820C91.jpeg

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
They're also looking to terminate Memphis Depay as well - I'd have him in a heartbeat - could do for us what the Erkisen deal did for him and Brentford last season.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I'm absolutely positive we aren't. Can just imagine the angst that could cause in a dressing room with no "stars" in it.

Maybe it's time to realise that he's not the star he thought he was. Perhaps becoming part of something bigger would be the making of him - obviously completely unrealistc I know, but the lack of news coming out today is making me itch :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here