Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marseille

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
For anyone going , Jamie Oliver just done his 1 hour tv program from there - showing you various sights , looks a lovely place.

The bakery looked good, but the seafood bouillabaisse on the boat had me drooling!

Thx for recommendation

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
How are Olympique de Marseille doing?
Performance in Competitions
12th in Ligue 1 / 2nd in Europa League

Recent Form
01/09/23 - Nantes 1-1 Marseille (Ligue 1)
17/09/23 - Marseille 0-0 Toulouse (Ligue 1)
21/09/23 - Ajax 3-3 Marseille (Europa League)
24/09/23 - PSG 4-0 Marseille (Ligue 1)
30/09/23 - Monaco 3-2 Marseille (Ligue 1)

Key Players & Manager
Top Scorer - Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (4 Goals / 10 Games)
Most Assists - Amine Harit (3 Assists / 9 Games)
Look Out For - Jonathan Clauss (RWB)
Injured - Geoffrey Kondogbia (CDM) & Ismaila Sarr (RW)

Manager - Gennaro Gattuso

Prediction
Marseille will want to improve on their current form under their newly-appointed manager Gennaro Gattuso. It will be the Italian's first game at the Stade Vélodrome as he will face another Italian, Roberto de Zerbi. Hopefully the Seagulls will bounce-back from a disappointing loss in what should be an enthrilling European match!

(I predicted 3-1 to Marseille previously, but have changed my mind)
4-3 to the Albion

Last edited:

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
I'm flying out on Wednesday morning on the 1115 Lufthansa flight from Gatwick. 2 hours in Frankfurt airport before heading down to Marseille.

Anyone else doing the same?

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Am I the only one who has looked to make a pre-emptive hotel booking for Athens - the Conference League final is being played at AEK - in order to beat the later rush and associated price hikes?
Booked day after fixtures announced with flights from Stansted. Going with wife and 2 adult sons for 4 day sightseeing and footie if we get a ticket. I should but sons are only myAlbion+ so less chance. Will enjoy Parthenon etc otherwise.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Am I the only one who has looked to make a pre-emptive hotel booking for Athens - the Conference League final is being played at AEK - in order to beat the later rush and associated price hikes?

What date is the Conference League final?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Booked day after fixtures announced with flights from Stansted. Going with wife and 2 adult sons for 4 day sightseeing and footie if we get a ticket. I should but sons are only myAlbion+ so less chance. Will enjoy Parthenon etc otherwise.
Why not go when we’re definitely playing there in November not when we might possibly play there in April

North of Robertsbridge

Sep 22, 2023
East Sussex
Just got the ticket voucher. Says its OK with driving license, so will leave passport at the hotel

Mentioning again that I can offer a ride from Montpellier to Marseille on Wednesday morning and back (or drop off at Nîmes) on Friday

Jimmy Grimble

Why not go when we’re definitely playing there in November not when we might possibly play there in April

It’s in half term so might explain it with the kids going.

SeagullMike

Sep 14, 2023
Warwickshire
At least two of us on that flight.
Awesome! I hope you’ve not had your travel plans getting to the airport affected by the ongoing strikes! Might join you for a drink before the flight! What area are you staying in? I’ll be in a hostel - trying to keep this trip as cost effective as possible! - in the Saint-Victor area, I think, south of le vieux port.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Apologies for asking but I don't get out much these so completely out of touch with the current pub scene but will be watching the Marseille game in town with my daughter, does anyone have any recommendations regards a decent pub . Hove, Brighton or Portslade but preferably near a railway station....

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Apologies for asking but I don't get out much these so completely out of touch with the current pub scene but will be watching the Marseille game in town with my daughter, does anyone have any recommendations regards a decent pub . Hove, Brighton or Portslade but preferably near a railway station....
The Caxton is showing the game.

morgand1987

Oct 2, 2023
Anyone else flying out early Thursday? I'm going to montpellier from Gatwick, and return Friday from nice. Going alone but buzzing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here