Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marseille

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Weather in Marseille at the moment is like a very good summer’s day in UK. Gets up to 20C quite quickly and peeking mid-high 20s. Shorts and tee shirt fine at 8am and 11pm yesterday. Some days a bit hazy in the morning but burns off to give blue sky. Don’t forget your sun tan lotion otherwise you’ll end up redder than the Rosé wine you might be drinking!
I admit I am checking this every day. Thursday's on it now :D
Screenshot_20230929_090106_Weather.jpg

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I’m out in Marseille for two weeks. Came for the rugby, staying extra 3 days for the football once draw was made and MyAlbion+ tickets purchased. For rugby matches wearing England colours around is not a problem and good banter with the Frenchies and lots of other nations. That’s on match days, at the stadium or in the bars. However, the locals all warn me to “be careful” for the football match when I say I am a Brighton fan going to the game. It is a very different atmosphere when OM are playing. We have been warned by the club, and local views here suggest it wise to be cautious.
Agree with that. I’ve seen 3 England games in that stadium at the rugby in 2007, the euros in 2016 and the rugby again this time against Argentina. The difference in atmosphere is palpable and that doesn’t even include an Olympique Marseille game. For the rugby you can pretty much stroll around anywhere without too much concern, not for the football in 2016 (though that was due to the Russians!) and I also was told to be careful for the Albion game. Actually I won’t be there as I am going to the next two England games in the rugby, but for everyone going please take care and no point in trying to be ‘brave’ for the sake of it. That said, a game against Albion is not going to have the same flashpoints as ones against certain other teams and I am fairly confident/hopeful that it will pass off with any significant issues. Just be sensible, have fun and come home with 3 points!!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Weather in Marseille at the moment is like a very good summer’s day in UK. Gets up to 20C quite quickly and peeking mid-high 20s. Shorts and tee shirt fine at 8am and 11pm yesterday. Some days a bit hazy in the morning but burns off to give blue sky. Don’t forget your sun tan lotion otherwise you’ll end up redder than the Rosé wine you might be drinking!

Rosé ? How very dare you :catfight:

Bansko Seagull

Bansko Seagull
May 6, 2009
Worthing, West Sussex
@Bansko Seagull : Avenue de Montolivet is a bit off center area, residential and a bit boring. If on very tight budget, best would be to go to St-Charles Station ; take a metro to Chartreux and walk from there. It's a bit hilly around there and slopes might be steep depending on where you exactly stay. I'd advise to avoid the St Just station which is much shaddier than Chartreux.

A cab from the airport would be some 60/65€. A cab from St-Charles some 20€. On the other hand, a really nice alterbative would be to take the shuttle to St-Charles and then two metro stations to 5 Avenues - Longchamp area. This a underrated and pretty nice area of central Marseille, with some good bars (local pubs ... albeit closing pretty early, wine bars and some good value restaurants with the beautiful Palais Longchamp as a landmark). From there an Uber (taxis might be a tad pricier and sadly might be a scam if you don't know the city ; a reliable company is Taxis Radio Marseille if Uber doesn't work +33 4 91 02 20 20) would cost ~10€. Just checked it out (I'm like 1km away from there and further away from Montolivet, it's some 12€ from my place).
Thank you so much

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Ticket pick up location looks a bit covert, are they issuing a password or so we have to ask for the Madonna with the big boobies?

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
If anyone is on the 14.10 Flexibus Marseille to Nice, Friday 6th our tickets have just been cancelled. Easy enough to re book for a different time.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
If anyone is on the 14.10 Flexibus Marseille to Nice, Friday 6th our tickets have just been cancelled. Easy enough to re book for a different time.
My ticket has been cancelled on the way there ffs in the thursday!!! Are they cancelling everything???

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
My 7.10 from Marseille to Nice on Friday has also been cancelled
So basically these cvnts aren't running anything ... ????

The weird thing is that the bus they've cancelled from me is still on sale at 43 bloody quid. I originally bought for 8. So are they trying to make a quick buck? It's all a bit strange

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
So basically these cvnts aren't running anything ... ????

The weird thing is that the bus they've cancelled from me is still on sale at 43 bloody quid. I originally bought for 8. So are they trying to make a quick buck? It's all a bit strange
I think they've changed the schedule, I was able to book on the 6.30 instead of the 7.10 but looks like it takes longer now. Perhaps additional stops?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I think they've changed the schedule, I was able to book on the 6.30 instead of the 7.10 but looks like it takes longer now. Perhaps additional stops?
Ahhh you're right. Ive just landed from another flight and in a blind panic thought it was the nice to Marseille that was cancelled but it was in fact the return
Which is still a pain but not disasterous.

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Long shot but anyone catching the 6am Eurostar from St Pancras on Thursday? Planning on booking a taxi if anyone wants to split?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here