Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marseille

Mr Phil

Nov 29, 2022
I get the feeling that the club are waiting on finalisation of a travel package
Seagulls Travel this morning were on the Albion Roar podcast and seemed to suggest that the club aren’t helping much by way of arranging travel so wouldn’t get your hopes up.

Flying to Nice and getting a train across seems a good cheaper option

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Staying at the Hilton garden Inn at the airport. Leaving early Friday so it’s the easiest option for us.

tigerbeesteve

tigerbeesteve
Jan 18, 2010
Bristol
Any rough idea on when the tickets will be out?
I'm wondering this too, my question is whether we know if there are enough tickets that will go to MA+ members and whether there will be windows open to purchase. Does the club have an idea when this will start and we can buy tickets?

I'm inspired that there are a number of affordable creative options to make the trip, but I'll be unable to look into them until I know if I can buy a ticket or not.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I'm wondering this too, my question is whether we know if there are enough tickets that will go to MA+ members and whether there will be windows open to purchase. Does the club have an idea when this will start and we can buy tickets?

I'm inspired that there are a number of affordable creative options to make the trip, but I'll be unable to look into them until I know if I can buy a ticket or not.

Did you pre-register your interest in buying a ticket?

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Seagulls Travel this morning were on the Albion Roar podcast and seemed to suggest that the club aren’t helping much by way of arranging travel so wouldn’t get your hopes up.
The bloke's answer to every question was "well it’s very challenging but we're working very hard to find a solution". I don’t mean to sound unsympathetic as they’re obviously under stress but he came across as a bit out of his depth, and pessimistic about being able to offer anything. I’m guessing it was impossible to secure any advance sale-or-return reservations on Channel crossings. I realise it wouldn’t be possible to make large bookings for hotels given that we didn’t know who we’d be playing but we could be pretty certain we’d need channel crossings.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023

The obvious answer is no, no one knows, though given all the scare stories about Marseille, I wouldn’t be surprised if it wasn’t an instant sell-out.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Eurostar & OUIGO out via Lille, 9:01 St Pancras on the 4th
Back via Paris on the 11:54 out of Marseille on the 6th.
£520 for 2. The OUIGO is a fraction of the cost of Eurostar but longer journey.
Hotel, looking at the Ibis Marseille Centre Euromed at £130 night.
Most expensive football match ever, don't tell the wife.
The Ouigo
I'm in S France now having used Ouigo from Lille to Avignon (4 h13 mins - Marseille is another half hour). It takes 10 minutes to walk from Lille Europe station to Flandres Station, there are mini supermarkets (inc a M&S) around and in the station and bars and restaurants ( a great beer bar, the 3 brewers is next to the station).
It's worth getting an upgrade for a few euros to choose a seat - try to get one on the upper deck for the best views (especially after Paris through Burgundy and the Rhone). There's no buffet car, so take a picnic. We found that there were a lot of empty seats in other carriages.

Cesar Chavez

Apr 17, 2012
California
The Ouigo

I'm in S France now having used Ouigo from Lille to Avignon (4 h13 mins - Marseille is another half hour). It takes 10 minutes to walk from Lille Europe station to Flandres Station, there are mini supermarkets (inc a M&S) around and in the station and bars and restaurants ( a great beer bar, the 3 brewers is next to the station).
It's worth getting an upgrade for a few euros to choose a seat - try to get one on the upper deck for the best views (especially after Paris through Burgundy and the Rhone). There's no buffet car, so take a picnic. We found that there were a lot of empty seats in other carriages.
For those so inclined there is a very interesting post-war housing project in Marseille

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I see, but the OM supporter who has been posting on this thread said that the Spurs game was played under special restrictions and he did not think it would happen this season. I think he said due to problems with the Frankfurt game a quarter of the ground was closed, police had banned supporters from certain parts of the city, supporters were all bussed in.
Could you repeat where Voj said that as I asked him that question but don’t recall that explicit response that he thinks unlikely will be same for us on the bussing to/from point?

Last edited:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
The Ouigo

Thanks for the advice, I did pre-book upstairs seats. Certainly be looking out for the 3 Brewers. My ticket stated OUIGO in capitals so done the same, thought it may be some initials for the company.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Could well see you on board the 09:01.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Look for two old geezers with scarfs. How will you be getting to St Pancras? I understand you have to be there at least 45 mins in advance. Are you changing at Lille or Paris?
I’ve got a 4 hour connection in Paris. I was gonna get a train up at about 6 from Brighton that’ll get me to St Pancras for about 7:30-8

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Could you repeat where Voj said that as I asked him that question but don’t recall that explicit response that he thinks unlikely will be same for us on the bussing to/from point?
It wasn’t explicit; but I interpreted post 90 as Spurs being a special case (quarter of their ground closed, straight after the Frankfurt issues etc) and our game being a far lower category and therefore without all the special arrangements.

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
HOTELS. Where is everyone staying? Any news on the ticket collection points and coaches into groun
For those so inclined there is a very interesting post-war housing project in Marseille

Thanks for sharing this - especially as I’m in Marseille at the moment and am very interested in Le Corbusier ever since I visited Chandigarh

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Thanks for sharing. As an aside, there's a similar housing project outside the Olympicstadion in Berlin which I have visited.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here