Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marseille fans

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
This is what appened right, so we walked frew stammer park, right and there was this big group of ultras, right. I knew they were ultras cos they sounded french when they asked me the way to the Amex right. I was gonna tell em to turne droit at The Keep right, but the police messed up my plans!
There was a massive queue for the carpark because a police van had got stuck under the bridge. So I said that they should step aside and stay safe until the police van had reversed & even did a bit of holding them back with my arms. They then went on a complete rampage of filming the van reversing before following us under the bridge and to the stadium. I personally felt they were a bit rude because they laughed at me when I asked jnr whether it was gauche or driot.
Only some of the above happened. :lolol:
Put the bottle down, cat out and go to bed.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
3 fans wished us good luck on the way in. Nice and chatty. Daughter speaks fluent French which helps

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Put the bottle down, cat out and go to bed.
Yep you definitely have a point! But in my defence the police van did actually get stuck under the bridge! I did tell one girl to step back while it was trying to reverse & I did give them directions. In fact the only fabrication in that story is that I was going to send the them wrong way and I didn't know the french for left or right. I am going to bed. My advice for the evening is don't test the walk through bar in WSL they don't serve halves. They do pies though! :lolol:

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Had a long chat with a group pre-match who were with the Orange ultras. Really lovely, massive football fans who wanted to come and support us in the away end at Arsenal on Sunday! Said they were really looking forward to the game but thought Brighton would win.

Post match got stopped by Brighton station by a group of lads who just wanted to say good luck, and how much they liked the ground, the city and our team. Described Brighton as a “petit Marseille” and said everyone had treated them well which doesn’t normally happen.

Not what I expected after the away game 😂

mile oak

May 21, 2023
Had a long chat with a group pre-match who were with the Orange ultras. Really lovely, massive football fans who wanted to come and support us in the away end at Arsenal on Sunday! Said they were really looking forward to the game but thought Brighton would win.

Post match got stopped by Brighton station by a group of lads who just wanted to say good luck, and how much they liked the ground, the city and our team. Described Brighton as a “petit Marseille” and said everyone had treated them well which doesn’t normally happen.

Just goes to show treat ppl with dignity and humanity and they may not behave like animals. I think a few clubs and countries and authorities could learn a lesson there.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX

Great to hear and doesn't seem to be any serious reports of trouble..? It helped we were both through out of the group whatever happened, took a bit of the sting out of it.

Their fans played their part in a very memorable historic game for us.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Great to hear and doesn't seem to be any serious reports of trouble..? It helped we were both through out of the group whatever happened, took a bit of the sting out of it.

Their fans played their part in a very memorable historic game for us.
Very much this.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Glad to see people standing on the wall of the pitch for 90 mins with a megaphone is allowed. Not to mention Marseille fans rocking up in shirts and scarfs in the west stand.

Hope they are still in the ground.
Firstly how does the first point affect/bother us? Their noise and actions actually made us louder.

Second point (as long as said Marseille fans didn’t cause trouble) I’m not sure we’ve got the moral high ground here considering Block 8 in Athens and the amount of Albion fans in the wrong end in Amsterdam.

For the benefit of anyone else with little or no solidarity with their fellow fans (even if they do support a different team) you’ll be pleased to know, no beer was sold in the away end last night.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
How DO you smuggle flares and 20 foot long flagpoles in (not that I want to)? Inside some grands pantalons? Is that maybe why they’re called flares?

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
Glad to see people standing on the wall of the pitch for 90 mins with a megaphone is allowed. Not to mention Marseille fans rocking up in shirts and scarfs in the west stand.

Hope they are still in the ground.
Let’s not get too precious about away fans in the home end. After all, lots of our fans did just that in Athens!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
How DO you smuggle flares and 20 foot long flagpoles in (not that I want to)? Inside some grands pantalons? Is that maybe why they’re called flares?
seriku_No4_002_EN.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here