Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marseille fans

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't think Marseille fans know what they're in for. I bet they've never been treated so pleasantly. It could feel like a Mafia gangster film, where they're super nice to you right before you get whacked.

We don't want our guest feeling uneasy, so are we getting 'you're going home in a Sussex Ambulance' going or what?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I don't think Marseille fans know what they're in for. I bet they've never been treated so pleasantly. It could feel like a Mafia gangster film, where they're super nice to you right before you get whacked.

We don't want our guest feeling uneasy, so are we getting 'you're going home in a Sussex Ambulance' going or what?
?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

It's actually 'You're going home in a South-East Coast Ambulance' these days.

And anyway, surely they wouldn't be going home after a biffing. I mean, that would suggest that the ambulances had been laid on as some kind of complimentary taxi service.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's actually 'You're going home in a South-East Coast Ambulance' these days.

but could you wait 6 or 7 hours, because they're a bit busy at the moment

And anyway, surely they wouldn't be going home after a biffing. I mean, that would suggest that the ambulances had been laid on as some kind of complimentary travel service.
So the chant is several decades old, and now you're questioning its accuracy? Perhaps the implication is that their new home is a hospital, or a morgue.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
but could you wait 6 or 7 hours, because they're a bit busy at the moment

So the chant is several decades old, and now you're questioning its accuracy? Perhaps the implication is that their new home is a hospital, or a morgue.
But that would be temporary accommodation. The term 'home' invokes a degree of at least semi-permanency and is present tense.

I would suggest that 'You're leaving here' would be more appropriate and 'f****** ambulance' would help shorten to fit the tune and add more gravitas.

Thus 'You're leaving here in a f****** ambulance' would be a better.

I like the word 'f***'. It is the most adaptable in the English language.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
But that would be temporary accommodation. The term 'home' invokes a degree of at least semi-permanency and is present tense.

I would suggest that 'You're leaving here' would be more appropriate and 'f****** ambulance' would help shorten to fit the tune and add more gravitas.

The f*** it is!

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I don't have any tennis balls, the dog chewed them all up. Can't we luzz bottle tops or something dangerous like that?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I don't have any tennis balls, the dog chewed them all up. Can't we luzz bottle tops or something dangerous like that?
I'm disappointed never to have seen a paper airplane flying across the AMEX.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I hope so coz I’m going to be plotted up in the McDonalds waiting,just incase they thought they could slip in under the radar.
Nice try you gotta be up a bit earlier than that d’accord
People need to remember exactly where Marseilles actually is, just across the water from the old French Empire. These guys are resourceful and ruthles. They will be coming in undercover, on small inflatables heavily disguised as refugees. If you want to catch them unawares, I would suggest keeping a close eye from the end of the Banjo Groyne, or checking that they do not have weapons stashed in the Brighton Swimming Club shelter under the arches

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015

The word originally used was "county"

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
My 13 year old son was watching some football hooligan stuff on YouTube and his words were “nothing really happens does it”. He’d nailed it on the head. To the original poster, I repeat nothing will happen, we may get to see some pyro (woopee) and some actual fan passion but that will be it.

I did get involved in the 90’s and 90% of the time nothing happened but when you were left to your own devices (and remember there were no cctv around Brighton,mobile phones, £200 fines and a year ban etc.) things could get quite bad. I regret some of the things I did, but that comes with age. I’m glad it’s mostly stopped as I can now take my kids to football in safety.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

It’s the versatility….as the great John Embury was credited with saying about his injured finger - ‘the f***ing f***er’s f***ing f***ed’

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Home doesn't have a tense.

The degree of semi-permanency is what makes it so menacing. While planning a retort they'll be busy worrying whether our hospitals have fallen in quality as much as their press claim. Will it be possible to have croissants for breakfast and cheese baguettes for lunch, and would they even be any good when served through a straw?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

A seasonal ditty

Heigh-Ho, Heigh-Ho, it's off to work we go,
With a bucket and spade and a hand grenade
We fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight
In our ground the whole day through

Then when Grumpy, Dopey and the rest jump onto the pitch, the Marseille fans won't know whether the run, or laugh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here