Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Markus Suttner signs for £3.8m on 3 yr contract

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
We should listen to you. Didn't you predict we'd finish mid table at best last season? And you were proved so right

Good God man give it a bloody rest. I ate my hat.

We all make mistakes. The recruitment team get it wrong. I get it wrong... You... nah forget it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Your the LB guru, or are you seriously telling me that Suttner was/is the only viable option in the enitre footballing world. Bearing in mind a.) his age and b.) his recent ability to stay in a top flight?

I would think that the recruitment teams info and analysis of a player is a lot better than the posters on here with their FIFA 16 or 17stats They deem him good enough for us to pay at the top of our price market so that is good enough for me.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I would think that the recruitment teams info and analysis of a player is a lot better than the posters on here with their FIFA 16 or 17stats

Indeed... I don't do FIFA stats either.

I suggest my opinion is worth even less than the 'students' union XI who've been all over this thread like cheap suit from Aldi. That said, I'm entitled to it and I intend to stick to it in spite of the people who insist he's great based on the usual YT footage scouting.

Time will tell and with that, I'm off.

muffled titter indeed.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I don't understand why people think I'm down on this really. I've said meh, underwhelmed and I am, but it's only football and that's where it's at really. Ultimately our recruitment thus far smacks of a low budget holiday where we've ended up in the dodgy hotel next door to the 5 star resort...

I can see over the fence, I can hear the champagne being uncorked, heck I can smell the ostentatious atmos... but I just can't make it out in any clarity, not past the barbedwire fence and guard dogs... These people are on holiday for a month and we're going to be back in the rain in Burton way before any of them even check out...

I think I saw some milk and honey, but I could've been wrong...

well, obviously, it's cos you're are negative and unnecessarily judgemental.
given you are just whining that whine, how can you be bothered to type so many words?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Let me elaborate re our recruitment:

x2 proven losers.
x1 reserve GK.

Top notch.

Just because their side was relegated doesn't mean the players are rubbish that we have signed. Loads of good players go from a relegated side back to the top flight of football and continue to do well. 2 players don't make a team or a squad.
As for MR clearly he is going to be 1st choice. Time will tell if he's good enough but our recruitment team has done a great job for the past 3 windows so I think we should trust their opinion

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Could you be any more irrelevant?

little-girl-crying-20756883.jpg

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Just because their side was relegated doesn't mean the players are rubbish that we have signed. Loads of good players go from a relegated side back to the top flight of football and continue to do well. 2 players don't make a team or a squad.
As for MR clearly he is going to be 1st choice. Time will tell if he's good enough but our recruitment team has done a great job for the past 3 windows so I think we should trust their opinion

not one singing has a WC winners middle tho :tantrum:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

You resort the comedy smileys and I'll give you this...

You seem like a positive affable chap, with a strong sense of humility and indeed a strong moral compass.

Why is it acceptable for someone to declare Suttner a great signing based on very little evidence? And perversely condemnable if I say i'm underwhelmed?

It's a genuine question.

I'm quite sure you'll call me out an imposter fan, a heretic if you will. I however suggest that my disappointment stems from my desire to see us aim and will that little bit higher. I want us to compete with power and passion - not fading dreams and tired legs.

I see all of our signings as nothing more than just trying to survive... I will not hide my dejection at our strategy to go low budget, and alas I simply cannot get excited by this signing.

Elements, exciting acquisitions, may change in the coming weeks, and I sincerely hope they do. I admire the stance to safeguard our financial future I really do, but why not throw the dice just a little harder?

4 million on an ageing left-back just makes no sense to me. None-whatsoever.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
You resort the comedy smileys and I'll give you this...

You seem like a positive affable chap, with a strong sense of humility and indeed a strong moral compass.

Why is it acceptable for someone to declare Suttner a great signing based on very little evidence? And perversely condemnable if I say i'm underwhelmed?

It's a genuine question.

I'm quite sure you'll call me out an imposter fan, a heretic if you will. I however suggest that my disappointment stems from my desire to see us aim and will that little bit higher. I want us to compete with power and passion - not fading dreams and tired legs.

I see all of our signings as nothing more than just trying to survive... I will not hide my dejection at our strategy to go low budget, and alas I simply cannot get excited by this signing.

Elements, exciting acquisitions, may change in the coming weeks, and I sincerely hope they do. I admire the stance to safeguard our financial future I really do, but why not throw the dice just a little harder?

4 million on an ageing left-back just makes no sense to me. None-whatsoever.

:lolol::facepalm::wozza:

your a wordy blighter aren't you. why don't you do something positive wiv your time and vocabulary?
we are aiming at survival, we are not barca
you seriously think you know more than the recruitment team and starlizard?
it doesn't need to make sense to you, it's not your money; and,
plz could you try to hide your dejection?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
:lolol::facepalm::wozza:

your a wordy blighter aren't you. why don't you do something positive wiv your time and vocabulary?
we are aiming at survival, we are not barca
you seriously think you know more than the recruitment team and starlizard?
it doesn't need to make sense to you, it's not your money; and,
plz could you try to hide your dejection?

Okay, and fair points.

I think we've both countered enough, so i'm bowing out of this one.

Over to herr Suttner.

Prove me wrong.

Again.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
???
Let me elaborate re our recruitment:

x2 proven losers.
x1 reserve GK.

Top notch.

I assume you are referring to Gross & Suttner as losers because we signed them from a relegated team. So on that basis, would you have also regarded Jermaine Defoe as a loser had we signed him from Sunderland ? and bloody hell Everton have recently paid £30m for a loser goalkeeper ! ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here