Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark Wright.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
One of only a few real positives for me today. Looks like a great signing he seemed quick and pretty skillful! I think he'll turn out to be a key player this season.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
One of only a few real positives for me today. Looks like a great signing he seemed quick and pretty skillful! I think he'll turn out to be a key player this season.

I thought there were plenty of positives today, including the performance of Wright. Let's face it, we were never going to win the league. I'd settle for a top ten finish and some decent football and it looks like that's what we might get.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
If Slade had realised that Dickinson was incapable of playing the lone striker role a bit earlier, we might have got a result.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
If Slade had realised that Dickinson was incapable of playing the lone striker role a bit earlier, we might have got a result.

Incapable? :ohmy:

He played the role rather well in the first half, and I think that if the service was more effective up to him, and he had more space on the pitch, he would be very adept at it. It's a system for away matches, however. The nice big pitch at Swansea will suit him well I think.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Dickinson annoyed me in the first half. He spent more time trying to draw a foul than he did actually getting hold of the ball and holding it up. Time and again as the ball came towards him, instead of looking to control it, he was looking around, backing into the defender just waiting for a kick.

Thankfully he was a different player in the 2nd half and really looked the part. Strong, direct, quick, he looked a totally different prospect with someone up there with him and I was disappointed he was subbed when we were chasing a goal.

Liked Mark Wright as well. He looks like he could just as easily play down the middle, very confident on the ball and a good turn of pace, not afraid to take people on and get a shot away. Those two will do well for us I reckons.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
No he didn't. We were awful until Forster came on.

We were slow, ponderous and ineffective, but I don't think we were awful. There was more cohesive play in that one half of football than there was for the first half of last season, so I'm not complaining. I thought we played quite well, we were just very blunt.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
i dont really rate him , cant really cross the ball and not very good at taking people on ,
and dickinson was a dissapointment today , but overall , we never deserved to lose , we was all over them , hopefully slade cant work hes magic and next week we will do brentford :ascarf:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Apparently the general assessment of him "in the trade" is that he is quick and can be an excellent player on one day, but on another day he is anonymous.

You will never know till the match which player has turned up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here