Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark Warburton

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Keeping 'em up and seeing 'em rise up the table is the yeast they'll expect.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
See my post re Gary Rowett.

What has Mark Warbuton actually done. He did well with Brentford, accepted but was sacked before they could see whether he could carry the job through.

Then went to Rangers and took a MASSIVE club through the non league a bit.

Now gone to a barmy club where ownership is all over the place. How do these managers get jobs on the back of this? Can see that being a total disaster.

I think he could do rather well actually. Let's face it, he could hardly do worse than any manager that they have appointed in the last few years.

Warbuton did a superb job at Brentford, before he was inexplicably sacked, changing their playing style, and getting them into the Play Off's. It's a shame he was seduced by the Rangers job, or he could have been even better established in management south of the border by now.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
See my post re Gary Rowett.

What has Mark Warbuton actually done. He did well with Brentford, accepted but was sacked before they could see whether he could carry the job through.

Then went to Rangers and took a MASSIVE club through the non league a bit.

Now gone to a barmy club where ownership is all over the place. How do these managers get jobs on the back of this? Can see that being a total disaster.

He was NOT sacked at Brentford. He declined to do the 'head coach' thing and left.

He did not take Rangers through the nonleague. Rangers were never non league, and it was wee Ally McCoist who took them up the leagues.

The only thing about him going to Forest that is barmy is that he has agreed to go. He is a very good coach, and Forest are a bit of a basket case. Nuigel Clough turned them down. Seems Warburton is desperate - or the situation has changed at Forest. Hope they smash the tykes, obvs.

If you want the 30 minute argument it'll cost :lolol:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Must have been offered plenty of dough. A large salary is the yeast you would expect.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Brentford have never quite been the same since he left after not signing up to their "Football Manager stats are king" business model approach.

Pretty obvious it didn't work out at Rangers because there was a personality clash with the chairman who kept interfering.

None of this guarantees that he will do well at Forest of course, not least as they have their own chairman who has had ideas above his station. But the work he did at Brentford suggests he knows how to get the best out of players while working on a fairly tight budget.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Fawaz Al-Hasawi explains Warburton move, names Championship club, he wants Forest to copy.

Nottingham Forest owner Fawaz Al-Hasawi has told talkSPORT that he wants to see the club copy Brighton and Hove Albion's turnaround under Chris Hughton.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/03/1...lains-warburton-move-names-championship-club/

I'm sure lots of clubs would like to do what Tony Bloom did and appoint the right managers (mostly) and then back them with money. Not sure this owner has done?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I'm sure lots of clubs would like to do what Tony Bloom did and appoint the right managers (mostly) and then back them with money. Not sure this owner has done?

IMO, all it seems is, another overseas money man buying in to the UK brand of football to make a quick buck, not even having a scooby about football!

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
IMO, all it seems is, another overseas money man buying in to the UK brand of football to make a quick buck, not even having a scooby about football!

Well why wouldn't a foreign owner think like that? They have the example of Man Utd and Arsenal owners taking millions out of their clubs. They also have the example of Chelsea and Man City owners being penalised for putting too much of their own money into their clubs. I must admit I am confused!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Fawaz Al-Hasawi explains Warburton move, names Championship club, he wants Forest to copy.

Nottingham Forest owner Fawaz Al-Hasawi has told talkSPORT that he wants to see the club copy Brighton and Hove Albion's turnaround under Chris Hughton.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/03/1...lains-warburton-move-names-championship-club/

That article's a bit disingenuous: it implies that Hughton has pulled up a struggling side. Yes, we were near the bottom but that's because Hyypia had made a right horlicks of things - the article doesn't mention that we'd been in the play-offs for the two previous seasons. Forest aren't going through a temporary slump, they've mid-table (or worse) for a few years now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here