Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Yes, he's shite, he sings through his nose and is dirge

Votes: 15 75.0%

• Total voters

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
markowen_120.jpg

Am I the only one in total disbelief as to how this fool can be taken as a serious musician?? The bloke can't sing , he can't write, and he used to be in Take That. Seems like a nice enough person but there must be a million better songwriters out there and a million better singers.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
After hearing his new song i don't think your far out.:nono:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Trigger said:
Nah, rappers & hip-hop artists have the worst voices they are just failed singers.

:clap:

I could name 20 rappers with better voices off the top of my head. Hell I would prefer to listen to Ja Rule the cookie monster, than Owen. I think you would be more accurate in saying singers are failed rappers these days.

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
this made me laugh from leeds music scene

Awww, it's the cute one from Take That! For younger readers a little history. Robbie Williams was once in a boy band called Take That. They wrote some fine pop songs (although no male would admit it at the time) and were huge. When they split shortly after Robbie left and, well, imagine how you'd feel if Charlie left Busted then you might be close to the trauma that swept the teenage nation. Robbie got rich whilst Gary (the musically talented one) let himself and everyone down by becoming shit overnight without his pals. The other three disappeared into obscurity. Then cute little Mark released an album that contained a couple of decent pop tunes but ultimately was pretty poor. Well a few years on he's back to roll the dice again in an attempt to boost those decreasing bank balances now the royalties are slowing up.
Unfortunately for Mark he can't really sing. I know that hasn't stopped Robbie but at least lard boy has charisma. Mr Owen has always been a bit of a drip and this tune does nothing to endear him any further. The fact that he stwuggles (sorry!) to pronounce certain letters doesn't help. It's not a bad tune really but it's not that great that it covers up for poor little Mark's vocal ineptitude. My advice, go home and get on the blower to your old pals and try sort out a re-union tour! Cha-ching!!!

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
I have him as my avatar because I like his looks and his personality - I never said he has a great voice, but I like Four Minute Warning and I think it's better than a lot of the rubbish around nowadays and that includes Robbie Williams ( BTW I never liked Take That!)

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Fran Hagarty said:
I have him as my avatar because I like his looks and his personality - I never said he has a great voice, but I like Four Minute Warning and I think it's better than a lot of the rubbish around nowadays and that includes Robbie Williams ( BTW I never liked Take That!)

.....you're so vain u probably think this thread is about u......

JEM

Jul 5, 2003
Bevendean
Trigger said:
MC Hammer was great...

c46732593pq.jpg

U Cant Touch Me

Doesn't he do those Halifax adverts now? (minus some hair)

I loved Mark Owen in his TT days. Aged 11 and he was going to be my husband. Oh how things change. He's turned into a crusty, and I've since found out he's about 2 inches shorter than me.

He asked me out, but I had to turn him down!

And his musics rubbish.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Mark Owen - the worst hair in pop. Apart from Billy Ray Cyrus and Michael Bolton obviously.

Sorry Fran. And yes, I'm aware of the irony involved in me doing hair jokes.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
He had his moment of fame – he should now shuffle quietly into the distance.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hate to disagree with you all but taking into consideration all the other stupid boy bands Take That weren't that bad.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Tangentily, this Tuesday night I've I turned down the chance to see Tim Burgess doing some solo thing. Anyone who's seen the Charlatans live will be able to confirm, he can't sing. Strange decision. Smashing band, ropey singer - not as bad as the boy Owen mind. Every Christmas, after her requisite skinfull of port, my grandmother butchers "Danny Boy"with more panache than Owen.

Similarly, anyone ever see Simple Mind's Jim Kerr trying to sing the low note on "Don't you forget about me" live. Y'know, the rain keep falling "Down" bit?

f***ing hilarious

Also, anyone ever seen a spotty burberry boy singing boy band stuff on Karaoke - priceless

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports