Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mark O’Mahony

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I wish Welbeck hadn’t started, appalling.
First time he held the ball up was at about 60 minutes.
He can’t trap a bag of cement and spends more time on the deck than his feet. I remember when people laughed at Villa for spending £30m on Watkins and he’s still there banging in goals. We signed the cheaper one from Brentford and he’s now back Brentford more known for winding people up than his football ability.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He can’t trap a bag of cement and spends more time on the deck than his feet. I remember when people laughed at Villa for spending £30m on Watkins and he’s still there banging in goals. We signed the cheaper one from Brentford and he’s now back Brentford more known for winding people up than his football ability.
Harsh.

We signed Brentford's leading striker at the time. Wally Odkins was Maupay's understudy, and is quoted as learning his trade by watching Maupay train and play.

However, I'm clearly not getting with the narrative here. Hang on....

Brighton are, have been and always will be SHIT
Recruitment is a joke
Haven't got a pot to piss in
Manager, clueless
Sack the board!

Is that better? ???

:wink:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Harsh.

We signed Brentford's leading striker at the time. Wally Odkins was Maupay's understudy, and is quoted as learning his trade by watching Maupay train and play.

Recruitment is a joke
Manager, clueless
Sack the board!

Is that better? ???

Harsh.

Recruitment is a joke
Manager, clueless
Sack the board!

Is that better? ???

Saying that we would have sold Wally after a season for £100m and signed some old duffer from Liverpool on a pension 🤣

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Harsh.

Recruitment is a joke
Manager, clueless
Sack the board!

Is that better? ???

There was a rumour to be fair, that we could have signed Toney when Brentford did, but weren’t prepared to pay that little bit more, “ truthNSC rumour “, who knows, but I actually don’t think @Justice assessment of Maupay is inaccurate.

Great championship striker, but at PL level, he is more known for winding people up.

As for Welbeck, allegedly great around dressing room etc.., pitches in with some great games and goals, plays well in patches, but yesterday was not one of those days.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
There was a rumour to be fair, that we could have signed Toney when Brentford did, but weren’t prepared to pay that little bit more, “ truthNSC rumour “, who knows, but I actually don’t think @Justice assessment of Maupay is inaccurate.

Great championship striker, but at PL level, he is more known for winding people up.

As for Welbeck, allegedly great around dressing room etc.., pitches in with some great games and goals, plays well in patches, but yesterday was not one of those days.
It seems likely the club considered signing Toney, and our interest was reported. NSC was lukewarm about him, personally I thought he showed a good range of goal type, certainly not a one trick pony, but always hard to know if a player in a lower league can step up.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

I didn’t mind Maupay when he was here his goals probably saved us when Potter lost his way, he just isn’t good enough to go around acting the Billy big bollocks.
I know others like his antics to me he looks like a dick especially when he ends up on the losing side.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Tough game for him to come on in. But few decent bits of hold up play, a few nice runs, & didn’t look shy to put himself about. Also seems to be okay in terms of the physical side of the game considering how young he is. Interesting to see how he develops and if he’ll be involved more.
I’d give him a few starts in the remaining games

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
IMG_5936.jpeg

Certainly got the physicality to do well against prem defenders.

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
I’m not sure why people are making any assessment on him. He came on with little time left when we were playing badly and out of the game. See what he does when he starts.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I’m not sure why people are making any assessment on him. He came on with little time left when we were playing badly and out of the game. See what he does when he starts.
Well obviously a more thorough assessment could be made if he starts games, just commenting on what was seen last night 🤷🏼‍♂️

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here