Mark McGhee tactical genius

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Minge

Jan 3, 2005
Starts the match with McPhee and McCammon up front. Takes them both off and switches Hart and Knight there.

IN 92nd minute, Leon crosses and OGH

:goal:

Last edited:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Daffyd Thomas said:
Starts the match with McPhee and McCammon up front. Takes them both off and switches Hart and Knight there.

IN 92nd minute, Leon crosses and OGH

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

:ascarf: :ascarf: :ascarf: :ascarf: :ascarf: :ascarf: :ascarf: :ascarf:

:rave: :rave: :rave: :rave: :rave: :rave: :rave: :rave: :rave: :rave:

Mr Mcgheeeeee, keep drinkin that whiskey :drunk:

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
DRINKIN PINT OF WHISKEEEE, MARK MCGHEEEEEEEEE

:clap2: :drink: :clap2:

Yes, there were a lot of puzzled glances when he subs two attackers for Mayo and Charlie. But here's were the tactical genius came in.

We were getting edged out of the game by Millwall in midfield, don't know why, maybe their shape gave them an extra man.

When Charlie came on, we controlled the ball better, that's not all down to the the skipper, but the reinforcement in midfield allowed the other players more time and more outlets, Mayo did very well too.

It should have been a draw but football games can be stolen if teams keep going hard until the 94th minute, fantastic cross by Leon.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
London Irish said:
Yes, there were a lot of puzzled glances when he subs two attackers for Mayo and Charlie. But here's were the tactical genius came in.

We were getting edged out of the game by Millwall in midfield, don't know why, maybe their shape gave them an extra man.

When Charlie came on, we controlled the ball better, that's not all down to the the skipper, but the reinforcement in midfield allowed the other players more time and more outlets, Mayo did very well too.

It should have been a draw but football games can be stolen if teams keep going hard until the 94th minute, fantastic cross by Leon.

"MY GOD, SO HE IS A GENIUS THEN!!!!"

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

:drink: :drink:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
no sorry, I meant mcghee...

soz bout the confusion there....

:dunce:

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
:drink: :drink: :drink: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He looked injured to me, let's hope he is OK for Stoke next Saturday.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It was obvious McPhee was being given an hour today because Mayo was warming up as soon as the teams came out. I thought he put a lot of work in and made some nice touches. Never going to be amazing with a new partner and having been out so long. Give him time.

McCammon was injured from the colision with Shaaban.

I'd be surprised if Big Mac's injury was that serious though, as he stayed on a little while after the Shaaban clash.

Lush

Mods' Pet
YEP - reckon it was a combination of the shoulder injury AND being on a yellow card, with toys likely to be thrown out of prams if it stayed 0 - 0.

I have to say the McCammon handbags on the floor with the Millwall player was one of the funniest scraps I have seen at Withdean. It looked like a couple of kids having a rough and tumble and seemed to go on for ages.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
London Irish said:
I'd be surprised if Big Mac's injury was that serious though, as he stayed on a little while after the Shaaban clash.

McGhee said he was struggling in the first half and that they managed to get a bit longer out of him but that he could not carry on.

No doubt he will have a bruise or two. Still, it was good to see Shaaban coming through a crowd of players to claim the ball etc..just unfortunate he collided with Big Mac. Shaaban must be hard as nails though as he didnt look at all hurt.

Did anyone else see the bit when McCammon did a great block but got the ball square in the nads. He did not even flinch.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Lush said:
I have to say the McCammon handbags on the floor with the Millwall player was one of the funniest scraps I have seen at Withdean. It looked like a couple of kids having a rough and tumble and seemed to go on for ages.

Indeed. quite pitiful to behold.

- "You let go of my jumper and I'll let go of yours"
- "No, you let go first"
- "Shan't. You MAKE me"
- "Only if you let go of my leg"
- "I can't, you've got hold of my arm"

A full two minutes they lay there like that til the referee came over and smacked their wrists :rolleyes:

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Did anyone see the 'wave' that McCammon gave the Millwall fans at the end? I think he enjoyed today very much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports