Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark Lawrenson/Pointless

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I've met him a few times. Always speaks fondly about the Albion when he is not on the telly. His sense of humour doesn't appeal but I suspect he could say the same about mine. It doesn't make him a prick IMO.

Corrected for you.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He would have walked into the England team for many years had he been eligible. By far the best Albion player I have ever seen.
Should never have let himself be talked into being 'Irish'. His grandad should have steered well clear of that glass of Guinness...........

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Wish one of the Match of the Day production team had pointed out that he was bursting out of his tailored signature shirt last night. Looked sloppy and rather unprofessional.

Yes it does sometimes appear that Lawro shops at 'Man At Oxfam'.

However all that should really matter is his ability to play football, and he was, by far and away, the best player ever to represent ther Albion, in my opinion.

Preston were his home town club, and the team that he still supports, whilst at Liverpool he had a lot of success and won trophies.

So maybe it should be no great surprise that little old Brighton don't get much of a mention in his conversations.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The most startling thing to come out of this thread is that Meridian's Goodbye Goldstone programme (which I was on) was award winning!

Maybe it played into the demographic that liked pirates, with Bill Archer donning the eye patch?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The most startling thing to come out of this thread is that Meridian's Goodbye Goldstone programme (which I was on) was award winning!

Maybe it played into the demographic that liked pirates, with Bill Archer donning the eye patch?

Bill Archer wearing that infamous eye patch, it was almost pantomime stuff! Did he realise how ridiculously he came across?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here