Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Mark Beard new Eastbourne Borough fc Fulltime Coach

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Good luck with that.

When I was legitimately Pevenseagull I used to go and watch them a lot.

If anyone can find a market for The Sports winning the league I might stick £50 on it ... because I'm an idiot.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I can understand clubs having ambition but EB need to be realistic. All the time sponsors and benefactors are willing to put in their money clubs will spend it and players will take it.

Only one team can finish top.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Mark is a great guy and coach, I really hope it works out for him.

Could well see a couple of our young lads go there on loan.
Possibly but I think our youngsters will have ambitions a bit higher than EB.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Yep they've gone fully professional. Won't be the first you see like this and it wouldn't surprise me if Borough get a couple of Albion loanees.

A season ticket there next year will set you back £275.
It’s £199 if a season ticket is purchased before 8th July, so works out at 8.65 a game.

Will be interesting to see how they do. The new owner keeps going on about “thinking like a League 2 club”

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Out of nosiness, does anyone know what a player at this level would earn?
No idea but I would guess £500 a week?

Pleased for Mark, he's coached my son a few times and he is a great guy and a brilliant coach.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
It’s £199 if a season ticket is purchased before 8th July, so works out at 8.65 a game.

Will be interesting to see how they do. The new owner keeps going on about “thinking like a League 2 club”
Yeah credit where it's due, that's much better. I have a big connection to Borough for years before I moved away, so I want them to do well. It just seems a bit sudden in all honesty.

It really, really depends, especially as there are some pro clubs down there now. It can be anywhere from about £250 a game with a bonus for a win, up to about £1000 a week. Not sure how it is now, but 7/8 years ago there was a lot of 'extra' bonuses paid cash in hand.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Borough have had full-time pros on their books before of course. The first being a young lad called Ashley Barnes. (OK, joint first, with another Plymouth loanee whose name escapes me.)

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Borough have had full-time pros on their books before of course. The first being a young lad called Ashley Barnes. (OK, joint first, with another Plymouth loanee whose name escapes me.)
Dan Smith. Funnily enough, Barnes was up front with Lyle Taylor who has gone on to have an alright career himself.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

"League 2 Ready". Wonder where he got that from.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
it will vary massively between players and squads.

I Know several players at clubs the level below who are on around £250-£300 a week. So I based on the I would expect wages to be in the region of £300-£700 for a first team player. now they are going pro probably a bit more.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
it will vary massively between players and squads.

I Know several players at clubs the level below who are on around £250-£300 a week. So I based on the I would expect wages to be in the region of £300-£700 for a first team player. now they are going pro probably a bit more.
Yeah the league varies massively. The 250/300 will be what Aveley/Taunton and a few teams will pay. The upper scale is definitely tipped with Yeovil coming down as well as Maidstone and Torquay. Dartford also pay quite a bit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here