Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marine Le Pen could campaign for UK to leave EU

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And yet if only we would get the arch Europhile Tony Blair to campaign for the in campaign, how we would laugh at the war criminal shilling for global capitalism.

A man who incidentally has been pushed out of any remain campaigning so toxic is he to the British public.

Farage, Gove et al may be fruits, they have not systematically lied to the country to take it to war with the resultant hundreds of thousands of deaths and current instability we are now dealing with.

By all means take the piss out of the outers, but we all know who is own your side and he is a platinum plated war mongering ****.

No doubt a Tory shill?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Amusing that those who think Marine Le Pen supporting Brexit is damaging when she is joint chair of a 38 strong MEP group in the European parliament getting to vote on issues effecting this country .... I find that slightly more disturbing.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
It is, of course, too early to say but I am concerned that the out campaign is seemingly led by utter buffoons at this stage. Boris is the natural choice to lead the show as he is hugely charismatic and intelligent beneath all that film flam he does but, thus far, his contribution has been very small scale and disorganised.

It is also very clear that there is a gaping chasm between the print media right and the bearded hipsters running the majority of the television media. The prominence given to that cretin Galloway as the "balance" in a debate on the news when the spokesperson for remain is someone like chuka ummuna or George Osborne makes me cringe.

The BBC is clearly favouring in and that is a critical success factor.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Boris, Farage, Gove, Galloway and now Le Pen. All backing LEAVE, all complete fruitcakes. A pattern seems to be emerging...

Not fair NB.
Three of those aren't "fruitcakes".
One's a cynical, self-serving power freak, One's an odious little c@ckwomble with the most punchable face in Christendom, and another one is a nasty racist with a daddy complex.... All allegedly, of course.

I'll give you the other 2 though :)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
And yet if only we would get the arch Europhile Tony Blair to campaign for the in campaign, how we would laugh at the war criminal shilling for global capitalism.

A man who incidentally has been pushed out of any remain campaigning so toxic is he to the British public.

Farage, Gove et al may be fruits, they have not systematically lied to the country to take it to war with the resultant hundreds of thousands of deaths and current instability we are now dealing with.

By all means take the piss out of the outers, but we all know who is own your side and he is a platinum plated war mongering ****.

Blair is not part of the Brexit debate because he is not relevant - he isn't an MP or Cabinet Minister, he doesn't lead a political party, he isn't involved in British politics.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I don't want to stay within Europe to benefit my wallet. I want to stay in because it has been Europe who has brought the UK kicking and screaming into giving equal rights for all its citizens, not just the privileged. We are not there yet but I don't want to go back to a world where women were less valued than men within society or where minority groups were abused, where employment rights were virtually non existent.

It hasn't been Europe that has bought these rights. It was my Parents others Grandparents, thousands of Americans ,Poles, Commonwealth Citizens who fought and died against tyranny and dictators.
Not much help from Germany, Spain, France, Italy and elements of other countries around " Europe."
Feel free to earn your own privilege, which thanks to the above you are able to.

D

Deleted member 22389

It hasn't been Europe that has bought these rights. It was my Parents others Grandparents, thousands of Americans ,Poles, Commonwealth Citizens who fought and died against tyranny and dictators.
Not much help from Germany, Spain, France, Italy and elements of other countries around " Europe."
Feel free to earn your own privilege, which thanks to the above you are able to.

Very true indeed

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

We have had our own Tyrannical Dictator since then in the form of Margaret Thatcher who showed no respect for human beings and virtually starved the Miners back to work when the only thing they had was the ability to withdraw their labour.

She took free milk away from our own schoolchildren and she fought against the reduction in the Age of Consent for gay people. Over and above that she refused to bring in minimum working wages for the lower paid and blocked the right of compulsory holiday pay for workers.

So Yes you can go back in history for Tyrannical oppression around Europe but the UK is not Exempt of it's own Dictators.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
We have had our own Tyrannical Dictator since then in the form of Margaret Thatcher who showed no respect for human beings and virtually starved the Miners back to work when the only thing they had was the ability to withdraw their labour.

She took free milk away from our own schoolchildren and she fought against the reduction in the Age of Consent for gay people. Over and above that she refused to bring in minimum working wages for the lower paid and blocked the right of compulsory holiday pay for workers.

So Yes you can go back in history for Tyrannical oppression around Europe but the UK is not Exempt of it's own Dictators.

I'm guessing you weren't around at the time. Didn't feel like that at the time, I was just pleased to not have some Union bully turning the lights out or assembling crap cars. I suppose the way you have been told it, you must be astounded that the Steelworkers are not manning the barricades.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

Didn't a certain James Callaghan close down more mines by a country mile than thatcher and start the trend?
Blaming thatcher for this seems the norm these days....ridiculous.
I'd say modern day politicians are worse and that includes Cameron...bedroom tax and cut after cut for the vulnerable is far far worse than what thatcher did.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I'm guessing you weren't around at the time. Didn't feel like that at the time, I was just pleased to not have some Union bully turning the lights out or assembling crap cars. I suppose the way you have been told it, you must be astounded that the Steelworkers are not manning the barricades.

Yes I was around at the time and living in the North of England in the Thatcher Era. All the Union Bully's as you call them did was congregate the workers and gave them the only tool they had as I mentioned in previous post ''the right to withdraw their labour''.
There were no power cuts in the 1980s. And Yes I was around in the 1970s as well when there were. Yes it was an inconvenience having power cuts but not as inconvenient as workers not being able to feed their families and kids in my school running around with thread bear clothes with hardly any food in their bellies. My only concern was that I couldn't watch Scooby Doo on a Thursday, given my parents were not in the mining industry. The children of the Miners had a lot more to be concerned about

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Didn't a certain James Callaghan close down more mines by a country mile than thatcher and start the trend?
Blaming thatcher for this seems the norm these days....ridiculous.
I'd say modern day politicians are worse and that includes Cameron...bedroom tax and cut after cut for the vulnerable is far far worse than what thatcher did.

I don't admonish them either but Thatcher was more Tyrannical

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Blair is not part of the Brexit debate because he is not relevant - he isn't an MP or Cabinet Minister, he doesn't lead a political party, he isn't involved in British politics.

Turn it in, that's woeful.

We have been bombarded with opinions from plenty of people over the last few weeks by individuals who are neither MPs, Cabinet Ministers or Political Party leaders. In the main they are usually global capitalists with links to Goldman Sachs, like 3 of the 8 US foreign ministers yesterday.

Tomorrow we will be subjected to threats by another country's leader, which happens to be the most capitalist country in the world.

Blair is absolutely relevant, and a key part why we are having this referendum, he created the conditions due to the decisions he made when PM. He remains unashamedly pro EU and gives his opinion readily.

The in campaign will not use him because he is universally reviled by the British public.

Otherwise he would be front and centre.........as you well know.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Yes I was around at the time and living in the North of England in the Thatcher Era. All the Union Bully's as you call them did was congregate the workers and gave them the only tool they had as I mentioned in previous post ''the right to withdraw their labour''.
There were no power cuts in the 1980s. And Yes I was around in the 1970s as well when there were. Yes it was an inconvenience having power cuts but not as inconvenient as workers not being able to feed their families and kids in my school running around with thread bear clothes with hardly any food in their bellies. My only concern was that I couldn't watch Scooby Doo on a Thursday, given my parents were not in the mining industry. The children of the Miners had a lot more to be concerned about

Not being able to watch Scooby Doo was a pretty major worry for me at that time too. It was on just before I left for Boys Brigade.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here