Marcos Painter....

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
...is not quick enough for our team. I have been of the opinion all season that if Painter came up against a quick, skilful winger, as he did tonight, he would be found out. We really need to bolster our full back options if we are to progress in this league.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Everyone's being very harsh on Painter. He had a good first half, linked well with Noone, and controlled Zaha. In the second half Zaha got past him a lot, Painter struggled but most full-backs would, Zaha has bags of skill

P.C. Beard

Aug 8, 2011
i've been pretty unimpressed with painter this season, he isn't looking like he can cut it at this level. i did think he had one of his better games tonight though, zaha was a real handful and he dealt with him pretty well on the whole. palace will do well to keep hold of him.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Everyone's being very harsh on Painter. He had a good first half, linked well with Noone, and controlled Zaha. In the second half Zaha got past him a lot, Painter struggled but most full-backs would, Zaha has bags of skill

Linked well yes but he doesnt possess the guile and skill to make much of it at this level. A weak link along with dicker, to me they really stand out as being players who just arent quite up to it in the championship

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
...is not quick enough for our team. I have been of the opinion all season that if Painter came up against a quick, skilful winger, as he did tonight, he would be found out. We really need to bolster our full back options if we are to progress in this league.

Love him as I do, he wasn't quite up to it away to Leicester, and that was pace aside.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He is a weak link in our team, no question about it. We need to invest in a new left back and give Painter some real competition.

NCBHA

Jan 31, 2011
Very poor player and cost us 2 needless bookings through hospital passes.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Linked well yes but he doesnt possess the guile and skill to make much of it at this level. A weak link along with dicker, to me they really stand out as being players who just arent quite up to it in the championship

'And speed'

There are a number of threads tonight and it is unfair to single out individuals.

The whole issue is about whether or not we can sustain our Championship status or indeed whether or not we can realistically aspire the the Premiership. To my mind, there are some who can and some who cant. Please read other posters' comments.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
'And speed'

There are a number of threads tonight and it is unfair to single out individuals.

The whole issue is about whether or not we can sustain our Championship status or indeed whether or not we can realistically aspire the the Premiership. To my mind, there are some who can and some who cant. Please read other posters' comments.

Oh we can retain championship status alright as we are but we are a few players short maybe even 3 or 4 of being a top champ side

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Lack of pace and general poor decision making often got out of jail by Noone/Lua Lua's ability to turn an average pass into something threatening with pure pace.

Has to be the slowest person in our team and yet always plays last man back on the half way line.

Think he's simply not quick enough since his knee injury a couple of seasons ago.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Lack of pace and general poor decision making often got out of jail by Noone/Lua Lua's ability to turn an average pass into something threatening with pure pace.

Has to be the slowest person in our team and yet always plays last man back on the half way line.

Think he's simply not quick enough since his knee injury a couple of seasons ago.

nope dicker is easily the slowest player in the team. On a big pitch central midfield its painful watching him hoplessly trying catch players hes just lost/given the ball to

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Normally I come on these sort of threads and defend our players from the NSC bandwagon.....

But sadly with Paints it is true.

Not for one moment am I going to sit here and say he is a bad player, because he isn't in any way.

In league one he was a BRILLIANT defender and team
player. Last year his lack of pace and nose-bleed as he ventures forward was somewhat disguised. From mid-way up WSU you can SEE in his running style that he is NOT comfortable once past the halfway line.

Sadly this year it is so apparent and is emphasised by a few factors.

Calderon BOMBING it on the other flank.
Vincelot fitting in seamlessly in Paints position when required
Even Tarrico looking more comfortable when he plays there.

Again, I'm not going to sit here an state he is poor as he is not, but in the Champ he looks the weak link in what is a good defence.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Im not going to write Painter off but we definately need someone who is going to challenge for his spot. Vincelot doesnt have the positional sense and I dont think Taricco can do it week in week out. We need one in on loan now and possibly a signing in Jan.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
In my humble opinion, Painter, Greer and Ankegran are not good enough.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Excellent thread. Not been done to death elsewhere of course. Did you go to Cardiff? He was IMMENSE.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports