Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

March for England 2014

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I'm a deluded **** am I?

For wanting to peacefully suggest that a group of homophobic, racist, ignorant, fascist thugs - hell bent on causing trouble - aren't welcome in this beautiful place I call home?

Then I am deluded.

Lazy?

No, just someone who stands up for what they believe in and doesn't need to make reactionary, sweeping statements on a football message board.

This - good on you. It is a sad day when people are criticised for standing up for what they believe in. We should all just be quiet and accept, don't make a fuss and don't protest.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Go home back to Prague Dave in Prague, you are irrelevant, basically tedious and don't belong to this forum

Yeah right. Bloody foreigners come on to our message board taking our posts. I am going to write to Nigel and get this issue added to the UKIP manifesto.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
This - good on you. It is a sad day when people are criticised for standing up for what they believe in.

Is that shouting down others for doing the exact same thing, and then using violence against the Police?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Best way to deal with the MfE lot is to laugh at them or ignore them. Their supporters are disorganised, poorly educated, with low IQ's and are not a threat.

The UAF idiots, who are a bunch of attention seeking cider drinkers, are barely better and do ten times more harm than good.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Is that shouting down others for doing the exact same thing, and then using violence against the Police?

That is getting out there and showing that you disagree with others. I don't condone violence in any form.

FWIW in this case i agree with Herr Tubthumper in that these idiots would be best of ignored.

The point I was making was more about protesting in general and the ignorant and reactionary generalised comments about those people that exercise their right to peaceful protest.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
This - good on you. It is a sad day when people are criticised for standing up for what they believe in. We should all just be quiet and accept, don't make a fuss and don't protest.

Does protest have to mean clashing with police, hoodies and scarves around the face daubing walls with paint and smashing things up...no it doesn't for some it's peaceful protest for most it's an excuse to jump on any bandwagon that can end up in an bit of trouble.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Best way to deal with the MfE lot is to laugh at them or ignore them. Their supporters are disorganised, poorly educated, with low IQ's and are not a threat.

The UAF idiots, who are a bunch of attention seeking cider drinkers, are barely better and do ten times more harm than good.

As we have seen this is the general feeling so the UAF are clearly not achieving what they set out do. They certainly need a rethink.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
It seems the anti-fascists are finding it hard to defend their totalitarian attitude to this march, or to condemn the violence that ensued when their supporters did not get their way.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Does protest have to mean clashing with police, hoodies and scarves around the face daubing walls with paint and smashing things up...no it doesn't for some it's peaceful protest for most it's an excuse to jump on any bandwagon that can end up in an bit of trouble.

It's not a peaceful protest. The EDL/MFE/CASUALS have been chomping at the bit for weeks to have their ruck.

It's a ridiculous excuse for two different sides of the coin to create mayhem at the cost of the tax payer. Listen to their songs and you'll know the intention is not a peaceful march.

It doesn't take a great deal of effort to celebrate St George without provoking others.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
As we have seen this is the general feeling so the UAF are clearly not achieving what they set out do. They certainly need a rethink.

Yes, because of the those who tag along with the intention of confrontation. Their cause is lost on local people when this happens, and they ended being despised just as much as any extremists within the march itself. My view is that we should just leave the march alone (http://brightonlines.wordpress.com/2014/04/21/march-for-england-well/), and we can avoid massive bills to the local tax-payer, then ultimately it will fizzle out.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
It's not a peaceful protest. The EDL/MFE/CASUALS have been chomping at the bit for weeks to have their ruck.

It's a ridiculous excuse for two different sides of the coin to create mayhem at the cost of the tax payer. Listen to their songs and you'll know the intention is not a peaceful march.

It doesn't take a great deal of effort to celebrate St George without provoking others.

But back in 2008 and 2009 the MFE happened unnoppsed, flags, families, beers outside the K&Q, then the UAF decided to get involved, just who has caused the trouble do you think?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
You only have to look at the arrest figures from any nationalist marches to see who causes the trouble.
The same mob that caused all that damage in London and urinated and daubed national monuments.
The UAF/SWP etc rent a mob.
Just take a look at the figures.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

You are quite right here. I remember at the Live export protests in Shoreham in the early 90's. There was a policeman in full riot gear who pushed over a girl of about 20 and started whacking her while she was on the ground. Started whaking any one who tried to help her too (I got a broken nose from that thug).

Then later on their were a few running battles with police but not from the dreadlocked crusty types you would expect but from Stone Island and burbury clad football boys who were by their own admission "only there for a bit of Ag".

So no i don't condone violence in any form, the comment i made was about peaceful protesters not those who use protests to get their kicks, be they football hooligans, crusties or the police.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

"chomping at the bit". So i take it that many were arrested then....or was it others.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

I think they have achieved what they've set out to do though, which is to have a tear up and in their own heads claim the moral high ground.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Yes, because of the those who tag along with the intention of confrontation. Their cause is lost on local people when this happens, and they ended being despised just as much as any extremists within the march itself. My view is that we should just leave the march alone (http://brightonlines.wordpress.com/2014/04/21/march-for-england-well/), and we can avoid massive bills to the local tax-payer, then ultimately it will fizzle out.

Don't have time to read your blog right now, but I agree with what your saying.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
But back in 2008 and 2009 the MFE happened unnoppsed, flags, families, beers outside the K&Q, then the UAF decided to get involved, just who has caused the trouble do you think?

I can't remember that far back. What was the initial objective of the march?

I do think the march has been adopted by Islamaphobes. I'm not excusing the UAF and cohorts. Ignore the marchers. It's not a Nazi uprising, it's just a group of people who feel hard done by.

Whatever anyone says, it is now a march against Islam.

The best way to settle things would be to talk about the growing Muslim population and the ramifications, everyone seems a little scared to do so. I think it is an important topic, but I'm not going to pay any attention to the morons who turn up, get drunk and show an absolute lack of anything human,

It was not that long ago that we followed a similar path, before the Victorians grew a conscience. The death penalty, Women being third class citizens, lack of rights, slaves, ad infinitum.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The best way to settle things would be to talk about the growing Muslim population and the ramifications, everyone seems a little scared to do so. I think it is an important topic, but I'm not going to pay any attention to the morons who turn up, get drunk and show an absolute lack of anything human,

It was not that long ago that we followed a similar path, before the Victorians grew a conscience. The death penalty, Women being third class citizens, lack of rights, slaves, ad infinitum.

Thankfully we have moved on from Victorian times and into the 21st century.
If these practices are going on in the Middle East then we can do little about it.......when it is creeping into the UK, then it needs to be confronted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here