Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

March for England 2014

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Not entirely correct - private schools are exempt and often only have their reception years checked as they get some state funding for that year. Private schools can also employ people as teachers even if they have no teaching qualifications.

Private schools are inspected by a different body called the independent schools inspectorate.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Not entirely correct - private schools are exempt and often only have their reception years checked as they get some state funding for that year. Private schools can also employ people as teachers even if they have no teaching qualifications.

...and yet, somehow, they consistently outperform state schools with staff who are qualified to the eyeballs. Weird.

A mate of mine teaches history at a private school. He has a degree in Business Admin. He gets paid a very decent wage and loves his subject. I'm sure there are many like him across the private sector. I'd rather be taught by a person with genuine passion for their topic rather than someone who has ticked a load of post grad boxes.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
...and yet, somehow, they consistently outperform state schools with staff who are qualified to the eyeballs. Weird.

A mate of mine teaches history at a private school. He has a degree in Business Admin. He gets paid a very decent wage and loves his subject. I'm sure there are many like him across the private sector. I'd rather be taught by a person with genuine passion for their topic rather than someone who has ticked a load of post grad boxes.

Independent schools produce better results because:

Small class sizes.
Poor teachers can more easily be weeded out.
Trouble-making kids are asked to leave (and there's nothing do-gooders, bureaucrats, governors, LA's can do about it).
Many are selective, basing entry on tough entrance exams, especially at ages 11 or 13.
By nature, more of the parents are going to be switched-on, and/or academic or high achievers themselves, and taking a greater interest in homework/prep/progress.

Dec 29, 2011
#stopmfe protesters now gathering in large numbers to block Queens Rd route to #Brighton station while police kettle racists.

UAF operate under the guise of 'wanted EDL out of Brighton' while actively blocking their route to the train station. Can't the police just kettle the hippies and racists on one road, and let them play last man standing?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Utter scum, the lot of them.

Wish they'd all just **** off and leave our city in peace.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Sounds like a small group,of apes turned up, shouted a bit and that's it. Pathetic attempt at a march by morons.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
True, but in Northern Ireland it is a battle between two different faiths. As far as i know Catholics are not killing each other around the world. Muslims are killing each other (from the SAME peaceful religion) in Somalia, Yemen, Nigeria, Iraq, Afghanistan to name a few, and in a lot of cases the UK has no involvement, and also in many cases they were killing each other prior to our involvement.

Well, I think you may have somewhat undermined the integrity of your argument here.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Argus reporting the Dorset and Infinity Foods smashed up. A sad day for lovers of £8 bottled Russian beer and organic beetroot houmous.

True, but in Northern Ireland it is a battle between two different faiths. As far as i know Catholics are not killing each other around the world. Muslims are killing each other (from the SAME peaceful religion) in Somalia, Yemen, Nigeria, Iraq, Afghanistan to name a few, and in a lot of cases the UK has no involvement, and also in many cases they were killing each other prior to our involvement.

Muslims are followers of Islam.
Christians are followers of Christianity.
Shia and Sunni are both denominations of Islam.
Presbyterianism and Roman Catholicism are both denominations of Christianity.
Both sets of the above denominations have been killing each other around the globe, now and in the past. There is absolutely no difference between Muslims killing Muslims and Christians killing Christians.

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Well just watched a few uploads on utube of today's march , one showed the " March for England " people as they turned from west st in to the seafront all loud and confrontational.......... Then a later one showed them coming back up the seafront a little quieter and looking like they just wanted to go for a beer !
So either they weren't quite fit enough for the long walk or the thousands of people opposing them sapped their enthusiasm for the day out , bless em !!!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I look at the local news and think WTF have they done with the city I was born in
why have the authorities, police, and local residents allowed .

the one time I think the police could have used some force to drive them off the end of the pier

March for England yes Solly that is...............yes please
march for England .........................no thanks

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I,ll be honest, I am no oil painting, but I've just seen the march for England mongrels on the news, and by Christ, they are the ugliest people i have ever seen!! If that is what being"a true English patriot" does for you, I'm glad I'm a weak livered leftie, the ugliness must come from inside

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I,ll be honest, I am no oil painting, but I've just seen the march for England mongrels on the news, and by Christ, they are the ugliest people i have ever seen!! If that is what being"a true English patriot" does for you, I'm glad I'm a weak livered leftie, the ugliness must come from inside

One of them had brought his doggy for a walk. German breed naturally. Reminded me of the time we were greeted at Bristol City by some absolutely minging fat f***ers who happend to be taking their pooches for a walk by the ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here