Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Good news, along with Solly's new contract and Andone's imminent departure to Cadiz.

We just need Locadia out and a new striker in to replace Andone and it will have been a good window. This side has a nice balance to it:

Sanchez - Lamptey - Cucurella - Veltman - Webster - Dunk - Bissouma - Lallana - Gross - Trossard - Maupay

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Good news, along with Solly's new contract and Andone's imminent departure to Cadiz.

We just need Locadia out and a new striker in to replace Andone and it will have been a good window.

As long as veltman and lamptey come back soon yes, otherwise having roberts as our only back up defender is worrying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Yep, 100%.

And I'd also say Gross is undroppable at the moment too.

Team selection is tough when you have to leave quality players out. Putting them in is the easy bit

Imagine the selection dilemmas we'll have if we sign Cucerella and Nunez. Plus, Veltman, Lamptey, Burn, Welbeck are fit. Our second XI would probably stay up!

But it never works like that. Signings fall through, others will get injured.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Surprised if we see feature Lamptey featuring as much as some suggest.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Indeed but those two can be swapped out with March and trossard.

March undroppable IMO too!

But we need to improve the overall squad to make the top 10, which we're doing, and the advantage of potentially having all these options is with a clever coach like Potter is that I have every faith he will use the right players in the right games.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Brian Owen says:-

"A report in the last few minutes suggests Albion have deposited the release fee to take Cucurella from Getafe.

I immediately checked that here and was told "nothing has changed". There is a suspicion of an attempt to use the media trying to attract other bids.

Remember Cucurella has been ruled out until the international break anyway so there is no need to rush. Whether he has been ruled out because of "niggles" or because he doesn't really want to play is being debated. I am told he is "like crazy" to come to the Premier League.

Remember, Cucurella was linked with Burnley interest recently and that was quickly shot down in East Lancs. So they are, it seems, trying to work the market. That said, I'd still expect him to come to Brighton."

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Brian Owen says:-

"A report in the last few minutes suggests Albion have deposited the release fee to take Cucurella from Getafe.

I immediately checked that here and was told "nothing has changed". There is a suspicion of an attempt to use the media trying to attract other bids.

Remember Cucurella has been ruled out until the international break anyway so there is no need to rush. Whether he has been ruled out because of "niggles" or because he doesn't really want to play is being debated. I am told he is "like crazy" to come to the Premier League.

Remember, Cucurella was linked with Burnley interest recently and that was quickly shot down in East Lancs. So they are, it seems, trying to work the market. That said, I'd still expect him to come to Brighton."

Very plausible. How would the twitter fella have known?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
March will stay at LWB , but we need proper coverage as he’ll get injuries, will need resting , particularly if we go a long way in the cups

Dan Burn isn’t really the answer although he’s done well enough

This is also competition for places , Solly will have to keep performing if he’s to retain his starting place

This guy has to dislodge him .

It’s win / win as far as I can see

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think his signing - as much as anything - means we can play a back 4 in matches - I'd like to see Veltman as the RB if Lamptey not fit. Having Veltman as the RCB at times means we could move to it in-game also. Potter loves all this tactical flexibility stuff.

Solly is a great LWB but not as suited to LB as Cucurella, it seems.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here