Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Yes. There has been an addition to the Cucurella family in last 24 hours . Presumably that’s been his focus since coming back from the Olympics!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSmvEbpK4ic/

d50fa0ba683c1576220b7992fc3bfdf4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
It's a big ask to uproot your family and move to England. We need to get Bruno over to Getafe to persuade him to come.

Though often when you mention to your wife the salary involved the resistance tends to disappear

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
………. Or alternatively you accept that people can make mistakes.

Any decent management in a creative environment will accept that people can make mistakes, and a football club has to be seen as a creative environment.

I agree. We all make mistakes. But valid criticism is not to be just dismissed

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Oh sorry!
I didn't realise you had so much more brains than the rest of us. :tosser:

No I am not saying that. You took a leap there Malta. No need for the abuse either

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Empty your piggy bank then and help the club do that. We did it in the 1970s with Bert Murray. Most of us realise that the club will do whatever is required and that includes whether or not a player is worth the financial hit to sign them. I’m sure though that your advice will be carefully considered by Tony Bloom and the board and act on it accordingly.

I love this suggestion; it makes me lol. Empty my piggy bank! Really!? No, I do what I can for the club, including helping to fund players when the club was really financially ****ed. But I am not an investor, and nor are almost everyone else on here. Silly suggestion.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
But we already have a striker signed from the championship. He scored yesterday.

You keep using them as an example of what we should do......when we've already done it.

Would you have wanted Adam Armstrong? Are you saying you feel we've been beaten to him? That's only way any of this makes sense.

Try and respond without just saying "we need a striker" and instead actually respond to the point re Armstrong as that's who you are so keen to use as an example of how we are doing things incorrectly.

I suspect we should have at least looked at him. Don’t you?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
5 consecutive posts in 12 minutes, and not one of them anything to do with the thread title....... why do you bother?

Last edited:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
How do you know we did not?

Maybe the club felt fee and wages were a risk?

They look at hundreds of players

Anyway wrong thread.Can he play left-back? Lol

No Frank. I wasn’t saying we didn’t. We definitely should have anyway. The point originally being made was. Southampton wanted him. Southampton got him. Within days of losing Ings. Meanwhile we take years to land our targets.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
5 consecutive posts in 12 minutes, and not one of them anything to do with the thread title....... why do you bother?

Surely BW2 should be banned from posting in any player transfer threads - that’s all 4 of the big ones totally derailed and bounced now and people think there’s news and there never is - it’s just him rambling on and arguing…!

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Surely BW2 should be banned from posting in any player transfer threads - that’s all 4 of the big ones totally derailed and bounced now and people think there’s news and there never is - it’s just him rambling on and arguing…!

100%. BW2 and a few like him are making NSC almost unusable at times. Not sure why the Mods don't take action. Maybe they think it's the NSC equivalent of clickbait!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Several posters have requested that something is done about this, and this sounds like a fine solution, but despite these requests, we've been met with silence by the mods and [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION].
I'll also try [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION], who seems to be around, but it would be useful if we could at least have a statement on this rather than it being ignored.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Albion remain favourites to sign Olympic medallist Marc Cucurella.

But his club president will fight to keep – or get the best price for – one of his star men.

Close followers of Getafe expect Cucurella to head to Albion ahead of the transfer deadline.

He was on the bench for their opener in LaLiga Santander last Friday, going on as a second-half sub in the 1-0 defeat at Valencia.

But it is understood he was NOT at training with his colleagues this morning.

Getafe president Angel Torres is a notoriously stubborn negotiator.

But an Argus contact in Spain said the expected move was believed to be “still on”.

orres has been described as a Spanish version of Daniel Levy - but with less money than the Tottenham chief.

His club must trim their squad before bringing in signings they hope to make.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/19517575.brighton-remain-favourites-sign-getafes-marc-cucurella/

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

But his club president will fight to keep – or get the best price for – one of his star men.

Close followers of Getafe expect Cucurella to head to Albion ahead of the transfer deadline.

He was on the bench for their opener in LaLiga Santander last Friday, going on as a second-half sub in the 1-0 defeat at Valencia.

But an Argus contact in Spain said the expected move was believed to be “still on”.

orres has been described as a Spanish version of Daniel Levy - but with less money than the Tottenham chief.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/19517575.brighton-remain-favourites-sign-getafes-marc-cucurella/

"But it is understood he was NOT at training with his colleagues this morning.

orres has been described as a Spanish version of Daniel Levy - but with less money than the Tottenham chief."

Free Cucurella!!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

No wonder this is dragging on it seems that it’s two clubs with hard nosed businessmen at loggedheads. 11th hour signing and hopefully not a gazumping?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
No wonder this is dragging on it seems that it’s two clubs with hard nosed businessmen at loggedheads. 11th hour signing and hopefully not a gazumping?

Its not really dragging on. There was no chance of it completing until the Olympics were over and presumably the birth of his new baby as well.
Every indication is that this is on track... We do have quite a good record of completing transfers and getting them over the line but normally the failed ones are the ones people remember. Someone mentioned Stephen Ward earlier in this thread. It was over 7 years ago. We must have signed 75+ or even more first team players since then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here