Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
And just plain moaning about the recruitment team

You mean justifiably criticising their failures whilst recognising they get most things right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Do you not follow the ‘progress’ of our various failed striker acquisition attempts?

Yes but unlike you I don’t take things written on social media or on internet message boards as fact.

It might well be that we have bid below the asking price …. Or it might not.

Also it might be that player X has a value beyond our valuation.

What I wouldn’t do is pass off opinion as fact that we are regularly low-balling for strikers when actually apart from a few people claiming to be ITK I haven’t seen it anywhere.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Yes but unlike you I don’t take things written on social media or on internet message boards as fact.

It might well be that we have bid below the asking price …. Or it might not.

Also it might be that player X has a value beyond our valuation.

What I wouldn’t do is pass off opinion as fact that we are regularly low-balling for strikers when actually apart from a few people claiming to be ITK I haven’t seen it anywhere.

Press not social media, but it is fair to say the press is not always reliable

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
This is hilarious coming from you.

Your arse must get jealous of how much shit comes out your mouth

Thank you for your kind words. Really added to the debate there, just like Frank! ;-)

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Because it was a recent example of a similar sized club signing the striker they needed!

But we already have a striker signed from the championship. He scored yesterday.

You keep using them as an example of what we should do......when we've already done it.

Would you have wanted Adam Armstrong? Are you saying you feel we've been beaten to him? That's only way any of this makes sense.

Try and respond without just saying "we need a striker" and instead actually respond to the point re Armstrong as that's who you are so keen to use as an example of how we are doing things incorrectly.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Who? Cucurella or Edouard?

Bad decision if he wants to get a chance to establish himself as a PL player at Brighton, whichever one it is!

See post 596

el punal

Us to stop low-balling striker purchases and actually get on with signing the striker we obviously need

Empty your piggy bank then and help the club do that. We did it in the 1970s with Bert Murray. Most of us realise that the club will do whatever is required and that includes whether or not a player is worth the financial hit to sign them. I’m sure though that your advice will be carefully considered by Tony Bloom and the board and act on it accordingly.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Empty your piggy bank then and help the club do that. We did it in the 1970s with Bert Murray. Most of us realise that the club will do whatever is required and that includes whether or not a player is worth the financial hit to sign them. I’m sure though that your advice will be carefully considered by Tony Bloom and the board and act on it accordingly.

They are already acting on it

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
To have the brains to criticise them when they **** up. Too many on here have their heads so far up the club’s leadership’s collective ar$es that they can’t see straight. You included it seems.

Oh sorry!
I didn't realise you had so much more brains than the rest of us. :tosser:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I know it's probably a lot of work, but can the Mods 'clean' these player specific threads of non-player relevant stuff and contributors?

Nobody wants to have to scroll back page after page to find any news relating to the player in question.

Thanks

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
To have the brains to criticise them when they **** up. Too many on here have their heads so far up the club’s leadership’s collective ar$es that they can’t see straight. You included it seems.

………. Or alternatively you accept that people can make mistakes.

Any decent management in a creative environment will accept that people can make mistakes, and a football club has to be seen as a creative environment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here