Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The interesting part is the buy-out clause. Of course Cucurella will have another contract from Getafe CF on the table but it seems that a number of clubs will meet his buy-out clause (that he actually pays himself with the new clubs’ money). The buy-out clause is in the lad’s contract, Getafe can’t change the amount unless they give him a knew one (although the buy-outs could be dynamic and increase year on year if the salary does????).

If there is one club that we could out do in terms of being cosmopolitan, salary, location, civilisation, style of football & training facilities, it’s Burnley.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
What a faff. Meanwhile Villa replace Grealish with three players and Saints replace Ings within 24 hours. We do like to drag these things out.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hasn’t it been confirmed as €30m and not the €18m previously reported? Can’t see us paying that.

I’m pretty damn sure it was the player himself that said it’s 18 in an interview then had to apologise - I didn’t watch the vid but it was on Twitter or somewhere. So I’m guessing no - the 30 mil thing is bollocks…

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’m pretty damn sure unit was the player himself that said it’s 18 in an interview then had to apologise - I didn’t watch the vid but it was on Twitter or somewhere. So I’m guessing no - the 30 mil thing is bollocks…

Exactly.

€30m is more likely to be the total cost of the deal including buy-out, agent fees and 5 years worth of salary.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
what is so aggravatingly frustrating this and every other bloody window - and its probably been said before - is if you compare Getafe with us its not unrealistic to draw a similar comparison to say us and Spurs or Arsenal for example, our average gate is 30 k, Getafe's is 11k., almost 3 times the size. We are relatively awash with premiership money, Spanish clubs are broke. We have world class facilities they don't. Yet no quick deal seems to happen. Just on personnel terms surely Cucurella would double/ treble his salary, plus a hefty signing fee, even if he found he could just not settle in the UK in 2 years time. I just don't hear the noises from his agent of a player wanting to come here and his current club are being awkward in dragging their feet. I posted earlier that I think this is a done deal but as time has gone on I'm just not so sure now. Frustrating.

Completely agree.. I trust the board but we do always seem to drag things out and get left behind other premier league clubs by standing still. If we want to be a top 10 team we have to recruit like a top 10 team.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Also we are just simply not going to pay close to €30m for a relatively unproven left back.
Even €15 seems a bit of a risk considering we seem to hesitate over a couple of extra £m for a proven goal scorer.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Also we are just simply not going to pay close to €30m for a relatively unproven left back.
Even €15 seems a bit of a risk considering we seem to hesitate over a couple of extra £m for a proven goal scorer.

Proven in La Liga is a fairly solid punt.

Bid would of gone in though wouldnt it.

Cant see it , someone will come along , pay the money and then next summer he will be touted at 50m

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Proven in La Liga is a fairly solid punt.

Bid would of gone in though wouldnt it.

Cant see it , someone will come along , pay the money and then next summer he will be touted at 50m

2 things will need to be in place before we trigger a release clause with a bid.

1) We will want to know that the player would come here.
2) We would want an agreement of sorts on the personal terms.

We won’t bother bidding to club until both those are done (via the agent).

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Burnley + Cucurella- nothing to it says Burnley Express sports editor.

f8804a661fd584296da70f2cae853b4a.jpg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I know I'm looking at it with blue and white tinted specs, but I really can't see why he would choose to go to Burnley rather than us. Even if it comes down to money (wages) which is where we are vulnerable to losing out to most other PL clubs, surely Burnley don't pay their players more than we do, do they?

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I'd like to think that he would have spoken to Robert Sanchez who would have sold him the benefits of both playing for Brighton and living in Sussex.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
I know I'm looking at it with blue and white tinted specs, but I really can't see why he would choose to go to Burnley rather than us. Even if it comes down to money (wages) which is where we are vulnerable to losing out to most other PL clubs, surely Burnley don't pay their players more than we do, do they?

Probably goes a lot further if you live in east Lancashire though.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Hasn’t it been confirmed as €30m and not the €18m previously reported? Can’t see us paying that.

Depends which source you believe. But if we don’t want to pay whatever it is then just move on. We take far too long over every transfer. Low balling bids, which never works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Depends which source you believe. But if we don’t want to pay whatever it is then just move on. We take far too long over every transfer. Low balling bids, which never works

Did we take too long - whatever that means- over the transfers of Webster, Trossard, Bissouma, Mwepu, Veltman, Lallana, Moder or Maupay ?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Did we take too long - whatever that means- over the transfers of Webster, Trossard, Bissouma, Mwepu, Veltman, Lallana, Moder or Maupay ?

Probably

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here