Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Has to go down to Potter. Cucurella helped us out a few times as one of 3 CBs because of injuries but he is not a CB. He is an outstanding attacking FB. Chelsea should not need to play him out of position after spending £600m
Potter likes to play both Cucu and Chilwell. In theory Cucu covers defensively while Chilwell pretty much plays left wing. It's not working very well.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
His wife and he today posted a picture of their child and a slogan saying Happy Autism Awareness day. Perhaps these are the personal problems Potter was alluding to a while back. I can’t imagine it’s easy dealing with an autistic chile, especially after reading the thread on here. Perhaps he’s going through a lot personally and deserves some slack.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
His wife and he today posted a picture of their child and a slogan saying Happy Autism Awareness day. Perhaps these are the personal problems Potter was alluding to a while back. I can’t imagine it’s easy dealing with an autistic chile, especially after reading the thread on here. Perhaps he’s going through a lot personally and deserves some slack.
Or, indeed, a voodoo one.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Also there was that break-in at the family home shortly after the move to Chelsea, while his wife was pregnant with their third child. Wouldn't wish that on anyone. Little wonder his head's all over the place. No excuse for his hair being all over the place tho

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
The strangest thing about this thread is that there were no new posts in it after Solly tore poor Marc a new orifice during our four one win in October.

Im really struggling to believe he really was our player of the season. He is actually very shit. Did Lewis just make him look good?
Strikes me as the living and breathing definition of a confidence player. All sunshine and roses when feeling valued, in a good team which utilises his strengths and protects his weaknesses. He has been thrown to the wolves at Chelsea. Enormous fee, nowhere to hide and massive expectation.

Add to that rumours of things going on in his private life, he looks a shell of the player (and the man) he was with us just a year ago.

I think it’s a very long way back for him at this stage with Chelsea, and perhaps even in English football. He looks absolutely spent already.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I think it’s a very long way back for him at this stage with Chelsea, and perhaps even in English football. He looks absolutely spent already.
I'm sure his ridonculous wage helps but it's obvious in his demeanour that he's mentally absolutely under the cosh where he is.
I think he needs to get a move abroad to forget all his Chelsea worries for his own wellbeing. I actually feel sorry for him but know I shouldn't. Poor fuccer.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I have always understood that the Albion are the best club for a young player who needs support to settle into another country, language and culture (often with a young family, which we all know, can be stressful) and we spend huge amounts of time (and probably, but not primarily money) ensuring that away from the pitch and training, the individuals and their families feel happy, settled and supported.

Nothing I have seen in the last few years has changed that view :smile:

And if you're in a business that pays ridiculous amounts anyway, I'm not sure doubling/tripling it to take a job you hate and stresses you out helps :shrug:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I was angry when he left but watching him yesterday, I felt sorry for him.
He is a shadow of the player we had last season despite Potter´s coaching skills.

Plus, if he were offered free to us, he would struggle to get in our side now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was angry when he left but watching him yesterday, I felt sorry for him.
He is a shadow of the player we had last season despite Potter´s coaching skills.

Plus, if he were offered free to us, he would struggle to get in our side now.
Interesting use of "despite".

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He did really well under Potter last season so I was giving credit to Potter.
If you disagree, say so rather than say it's interesting.
I'm not entirely sure NSC really needs a discussion on Potter's coaching skills.

Mt.Fuji

Jan 5, 2023
If he has his hair cut short, his performance might improve a little :rolleyes: ? I used to have a very long hair, but it was uncomfortable when playing any sports:ROFLMAO:

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Possibly an unpopular view, but I still rate Cucurella.

He was never about tackling, but he had an almost clairvoyant sense of where the opposition were going to pass the ball to and the ability to cut it out. Used as a left-sided WB he’s got enough defensively and going forward that I’d happily have him back here, even if it was just as cover for Estupinan. I saw the shocker yesterday, but I still can’t hate him.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I suppose the fundamental question with Cucurella has to be 'Did he overachieve in his year with us or is he just having a run of poor form with Chelsea'?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here