Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
I don't visit other fan forums but after all the fuss on here and now this is all over I went and had a peek at Blue Moon, just the last 3 pages and did find this amusing...

Spoke to the father of Brighton's goalkeeping coach yesterday. He said that Brighton were originally holding out for £37m from City when Chelsea came along with a daft offer.

That is absolute codswallop! Ben is VERY tight lipped and considerably better informed that that. Nonsense haha

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Would have been interesting to see the parallel universe where he did end up in Burnley.

Don't think he would have been in a top club now if that was the case. The best and the worst thing about playing proper football, like Brighton, is that if a player performs well, big clubs will think "ok he could do that for us". If they perform for Burnley they'd think "ok, nice, but can he do the same in a football team?".

True, although I’m not sure Pep is as big a fan as he was a couple of years ago when they were turning us over, with ease, every game

Cucu going to Chelsea must have pissed him off as much as GP having the temerity to celebrate a winning goal. Hope so anyway

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
If Cucurella didn't belive that he would be allowed to move on if a CL team wanted him and the price was right then he wouldn't have been here in the first place and neither would quite a few of our current team. We would have been relegated long ago. It is the pursuit of footballing excellence that means that we have to sell when the price and destination are right.

I've seen a lot of people espousing this view on this thread and others over the last few seasons. This argument that we have to sell our best players to our rivals or other players won't sign in the future. After ruminating on the matter for a while....and then giving it further thought and consideration for a bit longer....I have decided.....

That it's horseshit.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
So he was and is a total glory seeker... yeah let’s play pro-evo as one of the best teams in the world... ffs.

Surely we should have asked this question before we signed him... ? Lol... I’m beginning to doubt he had any clue who we were and that Burnley and Brighton are a little bit cheesy chips and chalk.

Obviously the tears were ones of relief about leaving Lancashire with his wheels intact.

That post is brilliant btw, sums it all up for me.

Pro evo, hilarity prevails. Talk about tenuous.

Surely he was playing as West London Blues, due to the licensing issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
That was a sliding doors moment. Cucu’s choice:
- giving the Albion a vast profit just 11 months later.
- Cucu getting a season’s coaching from Potter, not Dyche, improving his game.

Wonder if we would have had Maxwell Cornet if this had happened

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
[Tweet]1555927451217403904[/Tweet]

Dearly me, can’t even get it right

It still feels a bit weird that Chelsea, multiple premier league and champions league winning Chelsea, are buying players from little old Brighton for £63m and stealing our song! We've come a long long way since Withdean.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
That's good then..... and are you a 'man of the power of' logical and experiential deduction or is it just blind faith that you espouse?

I would expect more than 50m. Probably pushing 60m. White was 50m with a similar age, contract, premier league experience and international games so are pretty comparable as a benchmark. This was last year and just with inflation this is now 55ish. So my guess is 55-65m.

Even a newbie American can call it!
Clearly "a 'man of the power of' logical and experiential deduction". :albion2:
Who needs that lying twitterer Fabrizio - whoever he is.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
On that note, I don't believe the business model of relying on great Recruitment will be sustainable way of keeping this club in the premier league, without buying expensive quality players.
We've had a bad history of recruitment in the past, wasting millions. Personally I think that will repeat itself again, just like any club.

Christ man give your head a wobble and stop being so negative. Our club is run incredibly well and we've made brilliant progress since our first year in the PL ffs. A huge amount of clubs around and below us and those larger clubs languishing in the leagues below will be incredibly envious of the way our club is run

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
It still feels a bit weird that Chelsea, multiple premier league and champions league winning Chelsea, are buying players from little old Brighton for £63m and stealing our song! We've come a long long way since Withdean.

Just 3.36 miles from center circle to center circle - but a giant leap for Bloomkind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here